4wd Actuator Cable
We Have 27 Items for 4wd Actuator Cable In-Stock.
Without a doubt, not a lot of things can compare with the excitement brought by driving a four-wheel drive vehicle. The best thing about four-wheel drive vehicles is that they're able to handle all kinds of road conditions because they just have too much power on all of its wheels. To make sure that the four-wheel drive capability of your vehicle is always working, what you need to install is a reliable and dependable 4wd Actuator Cable. As the name implies, this particular cable ensures that the actuator is connected to the right components so that it can work always. What the actuator does is to engage the four-wheel drive mechanism of your vehicle when you want it. This way, you'll be able to drive over big boulders and tough road conditions easily. Because the actuator needs dependable four-wheel drive actuator cables, it's extremely important that these wires are always in great condition. Once the stock cables of your vehicle are already damaged, you need to replace them with a 4wd Actuator Cable from Auto Parts Warehouse. Our store's actuator cables can be used in a variety of applications and what's more is that they're made of high-quality materials so they'll last for a long time. Installing them shouldn't be a problem also especially if you're a DIY enthusiast. So if the actuator of your four-wheel drive monster isn't doing its job, replacing its damaged actuator cables is what you need to do. Fortunately, you don't have to go far because a replacement 4wd Actuator Cable is already available here at Auto Parts Warehouse. Our store is one of the most trusted online retailers of high-quality auto parts and accessories right now. To shop here at Auto Parts Warehouse, all you have to do is search the name of the product in the search box, which can be found on top of the page. After just a few seconds, our store will generate the right number of results and you can pick out the ones that you'd like to buy. Once you've determined the right number of items, you can go straight to the billing and shipping pages to fill out the details. Shopping here at our store is so secure that you won't have to worry about internet scamming and identity fraud when you decide to shop here. With these three easy steps, you'll never have any problem shopping here. So what are you waiting for? Get this amazing 4wd Actuator Cable from Auto Parts Warehouse right now!
Shifting from One Driving Terrain to Another: Dos and Don'ts of 4WD Actuator Shopping
If you're an off-roading enthusiast, you should know how unpredictable roads can be. It can change from a flat highway to a rocky terrain in a matter of minutes. That's why your off-roader should be able to adapt to the changing terrain in a snap of a finger. All of this is made possible with the use of a 4WD Actuator. With a highly important part like this, you know that shopping for one should be done with great detail to ensure you get the perfect 4WD actuator for your driving lifestyle. Here are a few tips to help you with this task:
- Make sure that the 4WD actuator is made from high-quality and abrasive-resistant materials. Whether you need an electrical or vacuum-powered actuator, always remember to get one that will withstand the high demands of a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
- Choose, as much as possible, a 4WD actuator that has a fully-electric switch rather than a thermal one. Although an actuator that has a thermal-type switch will work perfectly fine with any kind of system, its response time is a bit slow. It usually requires several seconds of warm-up time before it can lock the axle into gear. This delay can get a little annoying especially for serious off-roaders. So if you want a 4WD actuator that is quick on its toes, it's best to go for one with a thermal-type switch.
- Always get a 4WD actuator that comes with acceptable warranty coverage. Warranty terms for this kind of part usually range from 90-day warranty to a lifetime warranty. But refrain from basing your decision on the length of the coverage. A lifetime warranty doesn't always equate to good coverage. Also double-check the warranty contract for limiting conditions and other terms.
- Make sure that your preferred 4WD actuator comes with all the needed gaskets and seals. This will make installation of the part easier. You wouldn't have to go back and forth to your auto parts supplier to get the part in your system. This will also ensure that all connections are compatible with each other and will work perfectly with the rest of the system.
- Don't forget to take note of your old actuator's OE part number. Not only does it save you time in shopping for one, but it also ensures you have the right fitting actuator every single time.
- Don't be shy to ask around. Go to online forums and research on which brands to consider when shopping for a 4WD actuator. This will also help you quote prices, get practical advice from other drivers, and eventually narrow down your options. Remember: when buying whatever kind of auto part, research is always key.
10 Easy Steps to Replacing a 4WD Actuator
You're proud of the confidence your 4x4 monster truck exudes. On the road, it's a powerful beauty that can handle any terrain. But what's the use of driving a 4WD when you have to go down to manually switch drives. Imagine the kinds of looks you'll get from fellow 4x4 enthusiasts each time you step down your truck. That's how important and convenient a 4WD actuator is. It allows you to shift from two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive without having to get out of your car. So save yourself the embarrassment and replace that faulty actuator. It doesn't take a mechanical expert to do the job. All you need is a few tools, a new actuator, and this step-by-step installation guide.
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
Tools you'll need:
- Jack and jack stands
- New 4WD actuator
- Socket and ratchet
Step 1: Raise your 4x4 using a jack. You don't have to raise the entire vehicle. Simply lift the front of your car to gain access to the 4WD actuator. Be sure to support your car using jack stands.
Step 2: Locate your 4WD actuator on the car. It is usually found on the passenger's side of the axle housing. Depending on your car's make and model, you might have to remove the skid plate found on the housing to expose the 4WD actuator.
Step 3: If you can't reach the actuator, remove the skid plate by unfastening the two bolts that secures it. Remove both bolts and pull out the skid plate using a socket and a ratchet. Set it aside for reinstallation.
Step 4: Remove the actuator's frame from the housing by unfastening its bolts. In earlier models, actuators are attached to the fender above the wheel well. If this is the case, simply remove the screws that fasten the assembly to the fender. You don't need to remove your car's tires just to take out the actuator.
Step 5: Disconnect the cable from the actuator. You can use a screwdriver to pry the spring from the slot and pull the cable out. Push in the retaining tabs and remove the cable.
Step 6: Once all connections to the actuator have been severed, pull the entire assembly out to completely remove it. Discard the old actuator accordingly.
Step 7: Install the new 4WD actuator into the same position. Fasten the bolts and tighten them to hold the assembly firmly in place.
Step 8: Reconnect the cable to the actuator assembly.
Step 9: If you took out the axle housing's skid plate to gain access to the actuator, reinstall it in the same manner it was taken out.
Step 10: Close the hood of your 4x4 and take it out for a drive. Try switching gears to ensure that your new actuator is working.