With the push of a button, driving has become more comfortable thanks to your car's built-in comfort system-your AC. You can cool your mornings and warm your nights on the road however you please. Your air-conditioning system is made up of other parts that contribute to your comfort level on the road. One of these parts is the AC receiver drier . The receiver drier must always be replaced every three years or every time you open your air conditioning system. So when that time comes, remember the dos and don'ts of choosing the right AC receiver drier replacement.
- Purchase an AC receiver drier made from high-grade materials. Receiver driers are found in one of the most highly pressurized systems of your car. That is why when choosing a unit you have to be sure that it is made of tough metals or other materials. It must withstand great amounts of heat and contain oil and refrigerant without rusting.
- Choose a receiver drier that is fitted with a sight glass. This sight glass allows easier preventive maintenance of your unit. It will help you easily check the refrigerant level in your system so that you'll immediately know when you're running low on the said element. Units without sight glasses will require more tedious visual inspection procedures.
- Don't settle for a warranty coverage of anything less than one year. This will ensure that you get the best value out of your AC receiver drier .
- Don't disregard the kind of desiccant you usually use. Different desiccant types are used for variations of receiver driers. Make sure that you pick the right one. Check the body of your receiver drier for the type of desiccant you should use. It is usually identified by a sticker affixed on the unit.
- Don't calibrate your oil return outlet tube yourself. Always purchase ready fit receiver driers that have been calibrated and ready to use. Your receiver drier, and even your entire AC system, is very sensitive when it comes to the parts that handle your refrigerant. So be sure that this part is handled by the experts.