Air Deflector Extension
We Have 7 Items for Air Deflector Extension In-Stock.
Select your vehicle from the list below:
List Price: $121.33
Save: $18.51Bestseller In Stock 1-2 business days
Upgrade your vehicle's look with an air deflector extension; a simple add-on that can easily be installed without requiring complicated machines and procedures. Available in various styles and finishes, this component is a definite must-have for drivers who wish to change the dull look of their vehicle to something different. A lot of people even invest on custom-made deflectors so their vehicles can achieve the look they want. Typically installed on the front hood, sunroof, and windows of the auto, this component also plays the important role of protecting the vehicle from damage caused by flying debris. It is also a great way to enjoy the soft breeze while driving with the windows down, without having to worry about getting your hair messed up or getting dust in the eyes. With the right air deflector extension, you can enjoy a great-looking vehicle and a cool, breezy interior-minus the irritating wind noises and the filthy air of city smoke. Usually crafted using a special type of plastic, air deflectors can resist impact and withstand UV radiation as well as scratches. It can also help prevent damage to your exterior, such as dents, chipped paint, cracked windshields, and more. Because it is made of plastic, these units are completely impervious to corrosion, making them the practical choice when it comes to aesthetic upgrades.In case you decide to upgrade your ride today, make sure you head straight to Auto Parts Warehouse. Aside from the air deflector extension, our vast inventory includes other components for various systems: engine and drivetrain, suspension, brakes, steering, and more. We even have a large stock of affordable accessories that will let you to kick your ride's look up a notch. Order with confidence when you choose Auto Parts Warehouse! We provide high-quality parts at low prices, allowing customers to get huge savings every time. What's more, we also ensure that customers get fast order processing, reliable shipping, and secure payment gateways-a convenient and hassle-free shopping experience! So stop looking elsewhere, start shopping right here, right now! If you encounter any issue while completing your online transaction, just hit the live chat button or dial our toll-free hotline to have someone assist you right away. Our customer service associates are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get your air deflector extension now! You can also sign up for our mailing list to get regular updates on our special offers and new products.
What to Consider When Buying an Air Deflector Extension
Choosing the perfect air deflector for your vehicle can be very troublesome especially if it's your first time to do so. In fact, you have to mull over several factors so you won't end up dissatisfied with what you bought. To help you get your money's worth, here are the two most important things that you need to consider when buying air deflectors-type and finish.
Types of air deflectors
Nowadays, manufacturers make different kinds of deflectors for different car parts. So you'll have an idea on which type you should get, check this list for the three most common kinds of deflectors sold in the market nowadays.
- Sunroof deflectors: This type of deflector is used to divert the wind that enters the cabin through the sunroof. Moreover, this type of deflector can be used to lessen the impact of bright lights. If you want to install a sunroof deflector, then you should get one that is tinted properly so you'll enjoy all these benefits.
- Hood deflectors: If you're tired of getting bugs, rocks, and other kinds of debris under the hood, then you should consider getting a hood deflector. This type is made from acrylic and mounted on the front part of the hood. However, if you want to buy a hood deflector, then you have to make sure that it's made from durable materials so it will be able to withstand strong impacts.
- Window deflectors: These deflectors used to prevent rain and wind from reaching the cabin and to provide additional shade. Usually, window deflectors can be installed via an adhesive or by inserting them through the window channel. If you wish to purchase window deflectors, make sure that they perfectly fit your windows' perimeters.
Air deflector finishes
After choosing the type of air deflector you're going to get, you need to think about the finish that you're going to select. These days, deflectors come in various finishes. Listed below are four of the most common air deflector finishes that you can choose from.
- Stainless steel: If you're fond of polished and metallic car parts, then this air deflector finish is the best choice for you. However, you should be careful especially during hot days because stainless steel tends to heat up when exposed to extreme heat.
- Smoked: This finish will suit you if want something that goes well with a light-colored vehicle. But to achieve the best look, you should purchase the other kinds of deflectors in this finish as well.
- Screen-printed: If you want deflectors that have various designs such as flames, symbols, and patterns, then this finish is perfect for you. However, if you want this kind of deflector, you need to choose a design that will blend well with your vehicle's paint job.
- Clear: Deflectors with this finish are made from transparent acrylic and are almost invisible. Unfortunately, because clear deflectors are not tinted, they can't block sunlight very well.
Air Deflector Extension: Quick and Easy Replacement
One way to customize and protect vehicles at the same time is to install air deflectors. Typically made of high-quality plastic, these deflectors can be installed on car windows, hoods, and sunroofs to protect drivers and numerous car parts from rocks and other kinds of debris. Moreover, air deflectors come in different finishes and can be custom-made to improve the look of cars. One kind of air deflector that can be easily found in the market these days is the one attached on the car windows called the wind deflector. If your car is equipped with this but you want to replace it with a new one, this guide will show you how you can do it in your own garage.
Difficulty level: Easy
What you'll need:
- Replacement wind deflector
- Hair dryer
- Rubbing alcohol
Removing old wind deflectors
Step 1: Turn the hair dryer on. Then, point it under the first deflector that you want to remove.
Step 2: Check if the deflector's adhesive is giving away by moving the deflector back and forth. Do this until the deflector is removed completely.
Step 3: Clean the remaining adhesive from the rubber channeling with the rubbing alcohol and rag. If the adhesive becomes too hard, use the hair dryer again to make it soft. Afterwards, allow the area to dry for a few minutes.
Step 4: While you're waiting for the first area to dry, remove the other damaged deflectors.
Installing new wind deflectors
Step 1: Peel the cover of the adhesive tape at the back of the first replacement wind deflector.
Step 2: Attach the part of the deflector that is closest to the side mirror by inserting it through the rubber channeling.
Step 3: Once the front part is in place, insert the rear part through the rubber channeling, too. Make sure that it won't suddenly fall off by pressing it hard several times.
Step 4: Check if the adhesive of the wind deflector is fitted properly along the window. Do this by opening and closing the window a few times.
Step 5: Once you're sure that it won't fall off, install the remaining replacement wind deflectors.
Step 6: When you're done installing all the deflectors, close the car windows for a day to allow the adhesive to set.