We Have 8 Items for Bumper Step In-Stock.
Need better footing while working under the hood of your SUV? Get a bumper step and get easy access to your hood and truck bed. A bumper step is a spring-loaded step to allow you easy and comfortable access to your vehicle's hood and truck bed. It extends and retracts quickly by just pushing it with your foot. The Bestop Trekstep is a highly durable aluminum step with long-lasting powder coat and very tough die-cast aluminum alloy linkage that can be easily stored under your vehicle's bumper. Being a product of Bestop, you can be assured that this step for your bumper is made from the finest materials and designed according to original specifications in order to give you excellent fit, function, style, and craftsmanship. The Trekstep has a 300-lb load capacity so it can support you while you carry other heavy equipment up your truck bed. It can work with an open or closed tailgate. It can also go down up to 6 inches from the rear bumper. Plus, installing it is simple and easy with quick bolt-on installation. If you need to carry heavier load up your truck bed, there is the Debo step pullout tailgate step available for your bumper. It can carry a total of 400 lbs. It comes with a molded rubber treaded step pad that gives you a non-slip surface to ensure your safety and stability. It also has a plastic latch knob with metal insert. This kind of step is made of welded steel and is e-coated to have more durability. With this tailgate step, you can conveniently reach the interior of your SUV's truck bed. However, this type of step may interfere with vehicles that have dual exhaust. But this is a direct fit original equipment replacement pull out tailgate step that is built to last. Make sure you equip your SUV with the bumper step that will match your vehicle's power and toughness and give you the performance that you need.Here at Auto Parts Warehouse, you can select the finest bumper step for your SUV at a very affordable rate. We have a wide variety of high quality steps for your bumper to choose from. We also have parts and accessories for your ride that can help you keep it in great condition and add to its features and appeal. Order now and avail of fast delivery. We guarantee you a secure on-line transaction. Our 24/7 customer service and live chat are available anytime to be of further assistance to you. Get added comfort and convenience with a top-grade bumper step in your SUV today!
Choosing the Perfect Bumper Step for Your Ride
You can say that utility vehicles have better features than smaller sedans, as best exemplified by your bumper step. This step allows you to easily load your luggage and/or cargo inside your bed, cargo area, or roof. It is strategically slotted for a safety pad, although some designs have safety pads across the surface. Subjected to everyday wear and various conditions, a bumper step will eventually become irregular for its functions. Either for simple replacement or upgrading purposes, the best bumper step for your ride should be:
The function of your bumper step requires it to be resistant to UV rays and varying weather. Good thing you can choose from:
- Stainless steel. This material is known to resist corrosion and add good looks to your vehicle. If you want a tough but shiny bumper step for your ride, this is the right pick for you.
- Aluminum alloy. This material always gives an automobile the custom look that's prevalent with sports and high-performance vehicles. Choose this durable material for your bumper step if you want that feel on your ride.
Both materials feature safety pads that are made from synthetic rubber or plastic. Among the most commonly used are:
- Polypropylene or simply PP is a plastic polymer with 320 degrees Fahrenheit melting point and good reaction with dye. If you are living in a relatively hot area and have seen this climate to cause your car's sun-exposed parts to fade real fast, get a bumper step made from this material.
- Polyurethane is another polymer that combines the best characteristics of rubber and plastic. If you want a reliable but inexpensive bumper step, this is a good choice.
- OE part. Bumper steps come as a standard component in most utility vehicles, so you can find an OE replacement for it. Compared to other replacements, this is a bit pricey choice.
- Aftermarket. An aftermarket product is always available in the market with better features and designs than an OE part. It is also a less expensive choice.
- Slotted. The most popular design of bumper steps is slotted. As their weight is distributed across the bumper, slotted bumper steps last longer-just what you need.
- Pullout. Quickly being popular is the pullout bumper step, which is intended for bumpers that do not have factory steps. This is cheaper, but it requires modification on your bumper. Choose this if you simply want to install a step and you don't care too much about the ?add-on' look it will give your ride.
4-Step DIY Installation of a Bumper Step
The moment your car's bumper step becomes damaged and faded, it will lose its ability to provide you with a safe step as you get in and out of your ride. There's no reason for you to endure this problem and risk your safety; replacement and even OE bumper steps are available in the market at reasonably low prices. All you have to do is find the one that is made especially for your make and model. Doing so allows you to do the installation on your own real fast and easy. In fact, if you have a slotted bumper step, you can remove and replace it with a new one in just four steps! Here's how:
Level of difficulty: Moderate
What you'll need:
- New bumper step
- Bumper brackets and receiver brackets
- Tape measure
- Bolts and washers
- Penetrating lubricant
- Spray undercoat
Step 1: Remove your old bumper by unbolting its mounting hardware from all four corners with a wrench and disconnect the wiring for the license plate light. If there are dirt-stuck bolts or fasteners, use lubricant to loosen them.
Step 2: Install the black plastic step treads and gray cladding to the new bumper and spray undercoat on the blind areas of the bumper to avoid corrosion.
Step 3: Take the old bumper brackets off and remove the guiding wires from them. Clean the area and install the new brackets. Add the bracket for the hitch receiver in between the new bumper bracket and the frame of the vehicle.
Step 4: Mount the new bumper with the new safety step to the brackets and tighten the mounting bolts using two wrenches. Connect the wiring for the license plate light.
Go for a short drive to test your new bumper step.