Keep the vehicle floor and carpet safe from wear and tear with a cargo mat. Simply place this on top of your carpet, and your worries about dirt and water spills are gone. With so many choices in the market these days, how will you find the best for your automobile? Well, here are some things to consider:
Types of cargo mat
- Rubber cargo mats - They are probably the cheapest mats for the cargo area. They are durable and flexible, and they also look great. The downside is that they are not resistant to extreme weight and pressure, leaving them twisted and scarred.
- Vinyl cargo mats - They are definitely the most common type in the auto world these days. They are tougher than rubber cargo mats, and they come in various designs that will give your cargo area a fresher look.
- Carpet-surfaced cargo mats - They are the best choice if you have a luxury ride and you are living in a place where it doesn't usually rain. However, they are more expensive compared to other types.
The different faces of a cargo mat
- Different manufacturers offer different cargo mat features. Their cargo mats may have nib backing, raised edges, and ridged designs that solve carpet-based problems.
- You will also find cargo mats with rear-seat organizers, one-length types, and with side organizers for virtually all types of sport utility vehicles.
Whatever kind of automobile you have, you are sure to find the best for your ride.
Finding your ride's perfect mat
- You can easily find a cargo mat that will match your automobile if you browse through products that are made precisely for your vehicle's make and model. Don't be confused with mats made for cars and utility trucks because only sport utility vehicles (SUVs) have cargo areas.
- We highly suggest that you consider your needs. If you are living in an area where it often rains, we recommend vinyl cargo mats. Why? Because they are weather resistant and easy to maintain.
- Your lifestyle also matters when choosing a cargo mat. If you are the off-road type of guy, you should get tougher cargo mats-the same goes if you are a business man, as you probably transport a lot of cargo.
- If you want excellent quality, get one from tried-and-tested brands.