It is not enough that your vehicle is good looking and complete with everything you need; it also needs to make you feel secured with the help of a good lock-and-latch mechanism on each door. The lock keeps your door closed and the latch ensures that you can access your door or close it without difficulty. But to control this latch, a cable is wired to your door handle lever and to the door latch arm. When the latch or the cable fails, you can no longer open or close your door and entry or exit to your ride will be difficult. Good if the latch is just stuck, but if it is the cable, you need to get a new one in its place.
What will make it work perfectly
You will find a number of cable wire replacements in the market today, but look for the one that offers the durability of steel and the weightlessness of aluminum. A good door latch cable should be made up of:
- A heavy-duty wire is a requirement because it is subjected to pressure all the time.
- A skin that is made from reinforced or braided steel, aluminum, or plastic to resist the extreme conditions it may be subjected to.
- Reliable and lasting fitting to ensure the part is ready for installation.
When it comes to fit of your replacement door latch cable, there are two common choices in the market:
- OE or Original Equipment parts are always the best replacements whenever your factory components fail. The only problem with these is price. They are usually pricey because they are especially manufactured for your make and model.
- Direct-fit replacements are not necessarily OE parts. These are compatible items from aftermarket manufacturers, and they are crafted to perfectly match the specifications of your original but gone-bad parts. The good thing about these replacements is that they are typically cheaper than OE parts.
The best replacement cable for your door latch
Whenever looking for a replacement door latch cable for your ride, always try to consider the materials it is made of and its fit. It is always best to choose an OE part if you donít want to worry about anything more, but if you are a bit conscious of the budget, a prefer direct-fit replacement, get one thatís especially made for your make and model.