- Award-winning customer service
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- 30-day no-hassle returns
- Authorized distributor
- 100% secure shopping guaranteed
Exhaust WrapWe have 0 Items for Exhaust Wrap In-stock.
Select your Exhaust Wrap vehicle from the list below.
Do you want to improve your exhaust system's performance and protect its components? If you do, an Exhaust Wrap is the thing for you! With this product, you can keep your exhaust pipes and headers from overheating and help it perform better. It does this by making your exhaust's exterior cool and the interior warm and properly insulated. Exhaust wraps can also easily reduce under hood temperatures by up to 50 percent. This will not only make the exhaust system do better but can actually make your car go faster! The protection and the performance benefits you can get by using an Exhaust Wrap should be enough reasons to buy this product. Auto Parts Warehouse offers the best exhaust wraps that can withstand up to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit direct and 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit radiant heat to ensure optimum exhaust component protection and effective heat reduction. So what are you waiting for? Get the perfect Exhaust Wrap from us here at Auto Parts Warehouse right now! Visit our parts catalog to get the high-quality car products that will perform beyond your expectations. We guarantee non-stop customer support for your critical parts needs and secured purchases for your peace of mind. This is online car parts shopping at its best, so order now!
Choosing Exhaust Wraps: Fast and Hot Tips
The simple modification of installing exhaust wraps to your vehicle's exhaust system can greatly benefit you by:
- Reducing overall air temperature in the engine compartment, which increases engine efficiency
- Protecting your electrical components from intense heat
- Increasing exhaust speed by providing the insulation needed to keep the exhaust gases at a high temperature.
- Increasing engine life by reducing the amount of heat that goes back to the engine.
Types of exhaust wraps
- Basic wraps - These are the most common exhaust wraps. They are made from fiberglass and can withstand temperatures up to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. They can be a bit difficult to install and are not as durable as the other types. We recommend applying silicone spray coating to make them last longer.
- Premium wraps - These are capable of withstanding even higher temperatures with a limit of around 1,500 degrees Fahrenheit. You will notice that instead of being white, they have a darker tan or brown coloring due to the treating process. These are also made of fiberglass and could also benefit from silicone coating.
- Titanium wrap - These are the toughest ones out there. Instead of fiberglass, they are made from volcanic rock. Since they are not made of fiberglass, you won't need to wear gloves when handling them and they don't need to be coated with silicone spray either. They are more expensive, but are definitely the most durablecapable of handling 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit with little trouble.
- Although exhaust wraps are easy to install, it is often worth the extra cost to buy exhaust wrap kits. These make installation even easier by providing tools like stainless steel locking ties and silicone coatings. They also provide you with an instruction manual.
- Famous brands include DEI, Thermotech, and Heat Shield.
That's a Wrap!: How to Install an Exhaust Wrap
Your engine's exhaust system is an environment with a LOT of heat. The gases released by the combustion system easily exceed 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit. In this high-temperature, high-pressure environment, your exhaust wraps are essential in reducing heat by insulating your exhaust system. With exhaust wraps installed, your vehicle's performance will improve and you can prevent the damage caused by overheating. You can wrap up this project yourself with some basic tools, skills, and safety precautions.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Here's what you'll need:
- Knife or scissors
- Stainless steel safety wire
- High-heat paint
- Exhaust wrap
- Protective gloves
- Vehicle owner manual
Step 1: Open the hood of your vehicle and spray your exhaust pipes with the high-heat paint. Wait for the paint to dry completely.
Step 2: Put on your protective gloves. Exhaust wrap contains pieces of fiberglass so you need to wear gloves before handling it. Take the exhaust wrap and soak it completely in water.
Step 3: Take your exhaust wrap and securely make one wrap around the very end of an exhaust pipe. Make another wrap directly on top of it. After that, wrap your way around to the other end of the pipe in such a way that each succeeding wrap covers half of the previous one. When you get to the other, extreme end of the pipe, make two complete wraps over it. It's a good idea to pull on the wrap every few passes to maintain tension.
Step 4: Cut the wrap with a knife or a pair of scissors. Take the stainless steel safety wire and place it around the center of the last wrap. Secure it by twisting it at the top then push it flat against the wrap to hide it.
Step 5: Repeat the process with the other exhaust pipes.
Step 6: Start your vehicle. The heat will cause the wrap to dry. You will see a lot of smoke until all the water evaporates.
Make sure you use high-heat paint and not any other kind. Regular paint will burn and cause damage to your engine.