The night has blanketed the sky and you just finished up at the office. You're kind of hurrying towards your car now since it's already very late. As you opened your car and got inside, you suddenly dropped the keys on the car floor. And since it's already very dark, you're having trouble finding it. Naturally, you switch on the dome light. However, nothing happens-it's still very dark. You then try again and again, with each attempt having the same result. It seems you have a busted dome light bulb.
To avoid going through the same hassle again, immediately replace the broken bulb. Doing that is very easy. The same can be said for finding a replacement since you'll find plenty of dome light bulbs in the market. However, we advise you to not simply get the exact same bulb as your old one. Instead, use this opportunity to upgrade your stock bulb into an LED bulb. Why? Read on.
The Advantages of LED Dome Light Bulbs
While your old dome light bulb may have served you well before it became busted, it's better to get an LED replacement this time. It's because LED bulbs have plenty of advantages over standard bulbs. These advantages are enumerated below.
- LED bulbs can last for over 50,000 hours, which is much longer than standard bulbs. That also means that you won't have to replace it again.
- LED bulbs are very durable. This is another reason why you won't have to change the dome light bulb again in the future.
- LED bulbs use less power than standard bulbs. And as you know, being able to save energy is always good.
- LED bulbs don't get hot. That makes them much safer than standard bulbs.
- LED bulbs are eco-friendly. They don't contain harmful pollutants.
LED bulbs are also available in various colors. You'll have the opportunity to personalize your car's interior.
As you probably expect, an LED dome light bulb is more expensive than a standard bulb. But considering all of its advantages, the extra cash that you'll have to fork out for an LED bulb will be worth it.