Tired of fumbling over your keys for the one that opens your car? Well, you won't have to anymore thanks to today's keyless entry systems. These systems allow you to lock and unlock your vehicle without having to manually do so with your key. Having a keyless entry system is very convenient and a must for most car owners of today. If you vehicle doesn't come with this system, then you can always get it one. There are many types of keyless entry systems in the market today, so consider this your guide to finding the right one for you.
Various types of keyless entry systems
- Remote control lock/ unlock, which is the most common variety.
- Door mounted keypad lock/ unlock
- Proximity detection or
smart keys, which auto-unlock or allow you to push button unlock once you get close enough to the vehicle.
- Smart phone integration, which controls your vehicle's locks remotely with a smart phone.
- GPS remote keyless entry
- Hidden button keyless entry system, which is common on hot rods and custom show vehicles.
- Bluetooth systems that can unlock cars using a cell phone
Of course the safest choice would be the basic remote control lock/ unlock for its practicality and convenience, but you have plenty of other varieties to choose from. If you ultimately go for a system outside the basic, then go for the one that's most accessible to you.
- Multiple remotes
- Control via cell phone or a similar device
- Light flash confirmation
- Horn honk confirmation.
- Remote trunk release
- Remote start
Some keyless entry systems have more than one of these features, so choose one that fits your fancy. The most expensive keyless entry systems are usually the most comprehensive ones, which come with all these features. Majority of these systems provide at least two remotes, so be sure not to settle for single-remote packages.
- OES Genuine
- APA/URO Parts