- Award-winning customer service
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- 30-day no-hassle returns
- Authorized distributor
- 100% secure shopping guaranteed
Running BoardsWe have 467 Items for Running Boards In-stock.
Select your Running Boards vehicle from the list below.
Select your Running Boards brand from the list below.
We've got truck running boards at wholesale prices. Our running boards are priced to move and built to last. Our huge selection of truck and suv running boards is guaranteed to satisfy your unique taste. Check out our online catalog and save up to 60% on all running boards. Give your vehicle a customized look for less by installing one of these awesome running boards. We offer next day delivery on all running boards ordered before 3pm on any business day. Our running boards are built by the best manufacturers in the business. Using only the highest quality parts and latest manufacturing technology, you will not find better running boards anywhere. You'll give your vehicle instant style and class when you add running boards to it. Our running boards are built tough. Free shipping is always included on all running boards over $50.00. Shop with us for your next running boards and save.
Getting Running Boards for your Vehicle
Fitting your vehicle with with running boards is a sure-fire way to add both style and convenience to your truck or SUV. They make it easier to get in and out of your vehicle, and they provide added protection from the sides. They also protect your vehicle from road debris kicked up by your tires, and they even keep the inside of our vehicle cleaner by serving as a doormat for people entering. This is one purchase you will certainly not regret-if you have the right information.
Here are some things to consider when getting running boards:
- Be familiar with your vehicle's year, make, and model. If the running boards you are getting will change the dimension of your vehicle, you should determine the measurements of where the running boards will be installed. Failing to account for how the running boards will change the overall dimensions of your vehicle can result in running boards that are either too small that they are inconvenient, or too wide that they pose a safety risk.
- Call your local car customization shop. The people there can make things very convenient by ordering the custom running boards and even installing them properly for you.
- Make sure you get running boards that are compatible to your vehicle and thus, much easier to install. Refer to your vehicle owner manual for exact specifications.
- When it comes to comparing prices online, make sure you also take shipping, insurance, and installation costs into account.
- We recommend running boards that are manufactured with a gripping surface that improves traction. This makes the running board safer to use by preventing slips, especially in wet or snowy weather.
- Some well-known brands of running boards include Putco (which holds the distinction of having the first running board patent in the United States), Dee Zee (known for producing good truck accessories and have over 120 varieties of running boards), Steelcraft (for stainless steel running boards), Rugged Ridge (extra durable running boards for serious off-road driving), and Westin (one of the most favorite brands of truck accessories).
- Also be sure to get very durable mounting brackets. This is something that is often overlooked. The mounting brackets have a high degree of exposure since they are constantly assaulted by road debris. We recommend mounting brackets made of good quality, non-corrosive material like stainless steel or aluminum. Mild steel, although cheaper, is not for wet or snowy weather.
Installing a Running Board
One of the surest ways to add convenience and style to your truck or SUV is by fitting it with running boards. Not only do they make it easier to get in and out of your vehicle, they also give your vehicle added protection from the sides. With the help of a friend, it will take less than an hour to install running boards that will last as long as your vehicle will.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
What you'll need:
- 2 pair locking pliers
- Wrench and socket set
- Hex head bit set
- Screw gun
- Variable speed drill
- Bolts, clips, and nuts
- Running board kit
- Vehicle owner manual
And here are the steps:
- Unpack the running board kit. Check if it has all the components you need for installation (like connecting bolts and brackets). Lay them out so you can easily pick them up as needed.
- Check under your vehicle to see if it has pre-drilled mounting holes. If it doesn't, use your variable speed drill to make the necessary mounting holes. Refer to instructions from the running board manufacturer and your owner manual for details. You can never be too careful when it comes to drilling holes into your vehicle.
- Get the mounting brackets that are included in your running board kit. Attach them to the mounting positions using the bolts, but don't secure them tightly yet.
- Get your running board and hold it up to the mounting brackets to make sure the mounting positions are perfectly aligned. If they're not, put your running board aside and make the necessary adjustments. After ensuring that they are properly positioned, lock your mounting brackets tightly into place.
- Hold the running board up to the mounting bracket again. Rest it on the mounting brackets as you line up each connection.
- When everything's all lined up, fasten it securely (using the bolts, nuts, washers, etc.). Have a friend hold the running board in place while you do this. Make sure to tighten everything.
- Repeat the process for the other side.
The rule of thumb here is to attach loosely first and then to tighten after you are certain of the alignment and positioning. Always refer to your owner manual and the running board manufacturer's instructions for specific details.