The A/C compressor is essential in maintaining a comfortable temperature inside your vehicle's cabin. It is responsible for transporting the coolant and the refrigerant gases within your car's cooling system. Considered as the core of any vehicle's air-conditioning structure, the compressor should be kept in excellent shape to guarantee a cool and comfortable driving experience. But due to old age and excessive use, your A/C compressor's failure is basically inevitable. Before you and your passengers suffer from heat stroke and whatnot, it is imperative for you to find the best replacement for your damaged stock. Taking into consideration all your cooling needs, let's see if 4 Season's A/C compressor is a good replacement option.
4 Seasons A/C compressor features
- OE replacement
- Sold individually
- Includes clutch
- Has 8 grooves on pulley
- Tangent mounting type
- Comes in natural or black finish
- Backed by a two-year or 24,000-mile warranty from 4 Seasons
We equipped our Toyota Corolla with a remanufactured 4 Seasons A/C compressor, and here's what we think:
- The compressor's OE feature fostered a quick and hassle-free installation-the replacement unit fits our Corolla perfectly.
- The remanufactured compressor produced less vibration and harshness, just like a brand-new unit.
- Its cooling efficiency was excellent even in high temperatures.
- The cooling ability was also consistent in all speed levels.
- The price of the remanufactured A/C compressor is absolutely cheaper than brand-new replacement units.
- The longer warranty period also deserves an additional point since some of the other A/C compressor brands have shorter warranty coverage.
- 4 Season's remanufactured unit also gets an extra point for being environment-friendly. The brand uses water-based paints for their compressors, which is very helpful in reducing the emission of detrimental petroleum-based fumes.
- Since the unit is remanufactured, its life span is relatively shorter than the new units.
- The replacement A/C compressor produced a little noise, but it was still tolerable.
The bottom line
After the series of test drives, 4 Season's remanufactured A/C compressor proved that it is definitely a good replacement option for your damaged stock. Its cooling performance never faltered even in high-level temperatures and in high-speed driving. It is important to point out that harshness and vibration were really low, considering that the A/C compressor was remanufactured. The compressor's cheaper price tag and longer warranty period were also enough reasons to give the brand and the unit some additional points.
In general, remanufactured A/C compressors do not have the maximum life expectancy of a brand-new unit. However, it is also important to consider that the life spans of almost all car parts can be prolonged with proper maintenance. The same is true for 4 Seasons' A/C compressor.