Located between your air filter and intake manifold is an important component called the mass air flow sensor. This part measures the amount of air entering your engine so that you will have the right amount of fuel to burn with it. Sometimes, this sensor gives an inaccurate reading due to contaminants getting past the air filter. And, as you know, once your air reading becomes inaccurate, your engine will consequently become problematic. Ensure that the right mass of air enters your engine by installing a MAF sensor from a good brand like A1 Cardone. However, let us first see if its product is a worthy buy.
- New component
- Made of plastic
- Features precisely tracked output curves
- Ensures accurate scan tool reading
- Can tolerate a broad range of altitude and temperature
- Original equipment replacement
- Carries a year of A1 Cardone limited warranty
We tested this component on a Nissan Suburban and a Subaru Tribeca, and here is what we have to say:
- With the fasteners we had, we were able to install the component without so much difficulty. The mass air flow sensor sat securely inside the air duct of the Suburban and the Tribeca.
- We checked first if the sensor was working by running both cars' engine at different rpms. At idle, the computer of each car read a low but correct reading. We ran the cars for about a kilometer and noticed a surge in the air flow reading. We concluded that the component integrated well with the system.
- Prior to the installation of the component, the two cars were having problems with fuel efficiency. However, when we drove the cars after the installation of the MAF sensor, gas mileage seemed to be better. We barely expended an eighth of a gallon for the thirty-minute ride.
- Good price and warranty. This is actually one of the most affordable MAF sensors in the market. Also, it is the only one with a lifetime warranty with it.
- Although the component was labeled as new, it seemed that it was carelessly packaged. Some parts looked as if they had grease on them, and the labels showing air flow direction were somewhat peeling off.
This mass air flow sensor still gave what we expected of it, which was to make air flow into the engine better. It is considerably a good product, but it is certainly not the best-looking one. We even thought at one point that it came from the junkyard for having grease on some of its parts. You still have to try it before you can make any judgment on its quality and value.