High-horsepower engines need more fuel than standard units to support their operations. In some cases, the vehicle's stock fuel rail isn't capable of handling enough fuel flow for such applications. This is where high-volume fuel rails come into the picture. But with the lots of options available in the market today, it can be kind of difficult for you to make a choice. Let's see if the anodized black aluminum AEM fuel rail is right for your ride and for your needs.
AEM fuel rail features
- 50-state legal
- CNC machined from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum
- Includes hardware, fittings, and injector O-rings
- With extra 1/8th NPT port to allow a nitrous set-up or external fuel pressure gauge
- Comes with 1/2-inch fuel bore, making it able to support up to 1,000 horsepower applications
- Includes custom fuel line fitting
- The rail's ends are pre-tapped to accommodate accept -6 AN or 9/16"x18 fittings for drivers using custom fuel lines
- Comes with comprehensive installation instructions
- No additional components required for installation
- Proudly USA made
- Backed by AEM limited warranty
- Our ride comes with large injectors, and we made no mistake in choosing this fuel rail as it dampens backpressure pulses produced by such injectors.
- We were surprised at how it was able to sustain fuel flow to our high-performance engine; it works perfectly well after installation.
- It really worked to our advantage since we are also using an AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator, so installation was such a breeze for us--no modification necessary.
- It also works well with our stock fuel line, and we think we won't have any problem even if we make an upgrade since we noticed that this rail also comes with fitting for custom fuel line.
- With its 1/8th NPT port, it was way too easy for us to add external fuel pressure gauge, which we use for hassle-free adjustment of our aftermarket AEM fuel pressure regulator.
- This product is legal for use in all 50 states. If you reside in other countries like Canada, you have to take time first to check its compliance with your local laws and regulations before you decide to order this component.
- Since we already have AEM fuel pressure regulator, which is compatible with this rail, we haven't tried it on other aftermarket fuel regulator brands, but we think it will work best with products from the same brand.
- It is backed by AEM limited warranty. We would really appreciate it even more if comes with better coverage.
It seems like the AEM fuel rail will hold up to our expectations. It works pretty well with our large injectors and more impressively with our AEM fuel pressure regulator (this is expected, though, since they are of the same brand). It can legally be installed in vehicles driven on the United States; those who live in other countries have a little homework to do if they want to purchase this as they have to verify its compliance with their local laws and regulations. Nevertheless, this one's a good buy especially if you are already using an AEM fuel pressure regulator.