With air and fuel already in the mix, you only need a well-timed spark to create an explosion and produce the needed power for the vehicle to run as smoothly as it could. The spark that ignites the air-fuel combo is orchestrated by a group of ignition components that work together to create a high voltage and send it to the spark plugs. This leads to the ignition of air and fuel in the engine's combustion chambers. If the ignition system gets in trouble, the engine may not run smoothly, or worse, the car may not start at all. To fix these ignition troubles, sometimes all you need is to put in a new ignition assembly. To find the best the automotive market has to offer, we decided to try the AEM ignition assembly. We installed it in our car, and with our experience, we've come up with a short review for its performance and quality.
- Sold as a kit (for engine management system by AEM - 30-1010, 1012, 1020, 1050, and 1060)
- Made as a universal ignition assembly
- Brand new
- With limited manufacturer warranty
- Installing the new ignition assembly isn't exactly a walk in the park, but it helped that the one we got from AEM fits our ride perfectly. We didn't need to adjust a lot of things. It's a plug and pin kit. We just had to lay out all the bits and pieces in this kit and figure out for a second how they should be attached. There's no missing piece in this simple puzzle.
- It's compatible with all other vehicle systems. We got not just the product fit and form we wanted but also the function we needed from this assembly.
- We noticed an improvement in performance after we installed the new assembly. There's better spark control and timing adjustment. We no longer had to deal with poor engine performance because of faulty ignition.
- We believe that the product is priced just right. It offers a great deal.
The not so good
- It didn't offer more sophisticated features and upgrades found in ignition assemblies offered by other brands.
What we think
For a universal ignition assembly, we can say that the one from AEM is a good choice for quality and performance. It basically provided all that's needed from this kit. It fits, and it's compatible with other systems. It works as it should, and it comes at a good price.