It is very important that you keep track of your ride's oil pressure, especially during a long drive because at some point, a drop in oil pressure could be damaging to the engine. To protect your engine from such damage, you should make sure not to gamble on your oil pressure gauge. That's why we tried out the AEM analog-style oil pressure gauge, and we would like to share with you our experience.
- Perfect for carbureted or EFI vehicles
- Backlighting adjustable to 7 colors
- Comes with interchangeable bezels (black or silver) and faceplates (white or black)
- Easy-to-install harness
- With 320 degree display area for outstanding resolution
- Package includes pressure gauge, high-quality sensor, and installation hardware
- Standard 52mm (2-1/16") gauge housing
- Features 0-5volt analog output for use with data loggers and almost any engine management system
- Gauge readout from 0-150 pounds per square inch
- Electronic stepper motor needle
- Backed by AEM's 1-year limited warranty
- We tried both bezel and faceplate choices, and we found the display very easy to read. Even with the black faceplate and black bezel on the dark interior, the gauge still clearly displays its oil pressure reading.
- At first, we thought that the backlight of the display doesn't match the color of the other gauges on the dash. Thankfully, this AEM analog gauge offers adjustable lighting, so we were able to make its light complement the rest of the dashboard gauge clusters. The backlight can also be adjusted depending on the lighting conditions in the cabin. Adjusting the light isn't much of a hard work for us, either, as it can be done via a dial located at the back of the gauge.
- Our engine management system (EMS) isn't from AEM, but that didn't become much of an issue for us. This AEM oil pressure gauge really works pretty well even with other EMS brands.
- Mounting this gauge was kind of a breeze for us as the harness included in the package was really easy to install. It is also packed with all the hardware we need for a hassle-free DIY installation.
- Compared to oil pressure gauges from other brands, this one's a bit pricey.
- We would appreciate it even more if it is backed by a longer and better warranty coverage.
The bottom line
We give this AEM oil pressure gauge two thumbs up for not disappointing us in terms of looks, quality, and performance. Its price may be a bit steep, but we think it will pretty much pay for itself by lasting long in service and by not necessitating the expertise of a pro just to properly install it in place. Overall, this AEM oil pressure gauge is really impressive.