AFE Cold Air Intake Performance
One problem with most factory air intakes is that they draw in warm air from within the engine compartment. To maximize your engine's performance, you will want to install a cold air intake, such as the AFE cold air intake. Cold air is denser than warm air, which means that the same volume of cold air will contain a greater concentration of oxygen than that volume of warm air. An AFE cold air intake is designed to draw in cold air from outside of the engine bay, usually from behind the bumper ...or from down near the wheel well. They are also designed to smooth out the turbulence, providing a smoother and steadier source of air. An AFE cold air intake can deliver a fairly significant boost in power. They are fairly simple to install, and they sound fantastic. Like all products from Advanced Flow Engineering, the AFE cold air intake is designed with only two things in mind: engine safety and maximum power. More oxygen equals more power, so you can be confident that you are getting the best performance out of your engine with an AFE cold air intake. Auto enthusiasts always want excellent technical help while shopping for reliable automotive parts. To help you get that, we maintain an always-online assistance desk to answer all your queries. Everyone hates paying for shipping, so we provide FREE shipping on every order $50 and higher. If you find a better price, give us a call - we will meet or beat any legitimate auto part price.
In order to supply power to your engine, your vehicle uses a component called the cold air intake. It's responsible for providing oxygen to your car's engine for combustion to take place. In addition, a cold air intake differs from an air intake in a way that cold air produces an explosion, which is stronger than the warm air's combustion. To ensure that you get the perfect cold air intake for your vehicle, we've tested the AFE cold air intake on our 2011 Mazda 3. Here's what we have to say:
AFE Magnum force stage 1 CX cold air intake features:
- Custom-built to match your specific vehicle make, model, and year
- Offers additional power of up to 6.5 hp and 12 lb-ft of torque
- Provides 50% increase in horsepower
- Has 99.2% filtration efficiency
- Comes with a Pro-Dry S air filter
- Includes a sturdy 16-gauge powder-coated steel, heat shield
- Contains a molded plastic intake tube in black OE-like finish
- Includes pre-positioned PEM-nuts for faster installation
- Has a pre-positioned opening for stock connections
- 49-state emissions legal
- Backed by a two-year AFE limited warranty
We tried the AFE Magnum force stage 1 CX cold air intake on our 2011 Mazda 3 and found these good and bad points:
- You can immediately notice the boost in acceleration and overall engine power upon the first few miles.
- It comes with a Pro-Dry S filter, which requires no oil, making it the easiest-to-service filter in its lineup.
- You can clean the Pro-Dry S filter by yourself and reuse it.
- It's very easy to install since it mounts readily to factory holes; no drilling, cutting, or other modifications needed.
- The installation involves only a few handy tools and takes up to 30 minutes only.
- It gives your vehicle a throaty performance sound.
- The increased airflow results in greater power and better acceleration.
- Its pre-positioned opening for stock attachments helps avoid dangling wires and aids in relocating of hoses or tubes.
- It works with other performance upgrades you've installed on your car.
- It's more affordable compared to other brands such as Volant, Injen, and Granatelli.
- It's not legal in California and other states that comply to California Emission Standards.
- It would be better if the warranty can be extended to more than two years.
Therefore we say...
The AFE Magnum force stage 1 CX offers a lot of features that make it stand out from other brands. It's easy to install, and it works well with other performance upgrades you may have on your car. Add to that the fact that this cold air intake includes a Pro-Dry S filter - the easiest-to-clean and oil-less filter. So if you're looking for a cold air intake that's worth your time and money, then we suggest you try the AFE Magnum force stage 1 CX cold air intake.
- AFE Air Filter
- AFE Air Filter Recharge Kit
- AFE Air Filter Wrap
- AFE Air Intake Scoop
- AFE Automatic Transmission Filter
- AFE Car Care Package
- AFE Cold Air Intake Filter
- AFE Cold Air Intake Tube
- AFE Down Pipe
- AFE Exhaust System
- AFE Exhaust Tip
- AFE Fuel Filter
- AFE Intake Manifold
- AFE Intake Manifold Plenum
- AFE Intake Tube
- AFE Intercooler
- AFE Intercooler Pipe
- AFE Muffler
- AFE Muffler Eliminator Pipe
- AFE Oil Filter
- AFE Performance Package
- AFE Super Stock Induction System
- AFE Throttle Body Spacer
- AFE Wax