Airaid Cold Air Intake Performance
Your air intake system is one of the most crucial components of your engine. Without a properly functioning air intake, your engine will not get the critical oxygen it needs for the combustion process. If you want to see serious gains in power, upgrades to your air intake system will allow you to increase your air flow, increasing your ability to burn fuel. Air and fuel must mix at a precise ratio, 14.7 to 1, to be able to burn at peak efficiency. An Airaid cold air intake is a great way to incr...ease your available oxygen. Your stock air intake probably draws in hot air from within the engine compartment. Hot air is less dense than cold air, so it will contain less oxygen per liter than the same volume of cold air. More oxygen, of course, equals more fuel burned. The Airaid cold air intake relocates the air source to avoid drawing in the warm air. The most common location for the top of an Airaid cold air intake is behind the front bumper, although locating it down near a wheel well is not uncommon. With the Airad cold air intake, you can see significant performance gains. Not only that, but the wide open design allows you to hear your engine drawing in the air, giving it a uniquely powerful sound. Car enthusiasts understandably desire great information and support while looking at dependable auto parts for their car or truck. Accordingly, we make available a round-the-clock customer assistance desk to help you with your calls. Everyone hates paying for shipping, so you get 100% free shipping for every order at least $50. If you spot a lower price elsewhere, call us - we will beat any price advertised elsewhere.
Designed to supply cold air into your vehicle's engine, your car's cold air intake plays a crucial role in running your vehicle. It provides the needed combustion in your engine. Unlike the simple air intake, the cold air intake ensures that your engine receives cool air, leading to an explosion. This results in a stronger power than plain combustion itself. So to get the most out of your ride, it's best that you install a cold air intake that offers maximum benefits like horsepower and torque increase. To help you with making a decision on which brand to buy, here's what we have to say upon testing the Airaid cold air intake:
Airaid MXP Series cold air intake features:
- Made of cotton gauze filter material with oiled filter element
- Includes a heat shield
- Comes with a cold air dam
- Offered in a black tube finish
- Made of plastic tube material
- Provides power of 12 up to 18 hp
- Offers up to 820 CFM
- Has up to 99.99% filtration efficiency
- Comes with a washable and reusable
- 50-state emissions legal
- Proudly made in the USA
- Covered by a lifetime Airaid limited warranty
We tested the Airaid MXP Series cold air intake on our 2011 Honda Civic and noticed these benefits and drawbacks:
- There's a noticeable increase in acceleration and engine power upon driving for the first few miles.
- Its oiled, cotton gauze filter delivers maximum air flow and filtration.
- The included filter can easily be cleaned and reused, saving you some bucks from buying a new one.
- It's a direct fit product, so there's no need for drilling or cutting or any other modifications; it installs easily and quickly using a few simple tools.
- It keeps the mass of air flow balanced, allowing your car to have an appropriate air-fuel ratio.
- It's 50-state legal, so you can drive anywhere you want without worrying about getting a ticket.
- It's a bit pricey compared to other brands, such as Bolton Premiere and Spyder, which carry cheaper price tags.
- To use this cold air intake, you'll have to change the factory air box as well.
Therefore we say...
For power-conscious users, the Airaid MXP series cold air intake would be the way to go. It's powerful and reliable, giving your ride an added boost in acceleration and engine power. As a direct fit, all you need to do is to put out the old one and replace it with this new cold air intake. It's that easy. So if you're into a cold air intake that's worth your precious money, then we recommend the Airaid MXP series cold air intake.
- Airaid Air Filter
- Airaid Air Filter Recharge Kit
- Airaid Air Filter Wrap
- Airaid Air Intake Kit
- Airaid Air Intake Scoop
- Airaid Breather Filter
- Airaid Carburetor Spacer
- Airaid Cold Air Intake Tube
- Airaid Intake Bracket
- Airaid Intake Cover Cap