Airtex Fuel Pump
If you imagine that your vehicle is a human body, than the heart of the body is the fuel pump. The fuel pump is designed to take unpressurized fuel from the gas tank and circulate it to the engine. A good quality fuel pump, such as the Airtex fuel pump, is critical to keeping your engine running properly, or at all. A failed fuel pump will not deliver the necessary fuel, and your engine will not be able to do anything. Airtex fuel pumps usually use the gasoline in the tank as coolant. Liquid gas... will not combust, which is why you can have an electrical fuel pump safely located within the fuel tank. Because the fuel pump uses the gas for coolant, if you regularly run your gas tank down to nearly empty, you are going to end up reducing the life of your fuel pump, as it will not be able to cool itself adequately. That is why you should always keep at least a quarter of a tank of gas. The Airtex fuel pump is a high quality system than is guaranteed not to fail for a long, long time. If it your first replacement, there is no reason why it should not last the remainder of the life of your vehicle. Auto parts buyers want high quality technical help while considering high-quality automotive parts. Because you deserve that, we created an always-open help desk to support all your calls. Nobody likes to pay for shipping, so we offer totally free shipping for every order at least $50. If you can find a better price, give us a call - we will meet or beat any advertised price for auto parts.
A wise old friend of ours once said that a car is on borrowed time when the fuel pump starts to emit weird high-pitched sounds that are different from its usual. So, we knew that when our pump started whining that we should go look for a replacement as soon as possible. We knew that it was quicker to search for products online than to go around the dealership and auto shops in our area, so that's what we did. One of the products we found online was the Airtex fuel pump. Here's what we have to say about it:
Airtex fuel pump features:
- A new fuel pump located in-tank
- An original equipment replacement with a rollervane mechanism
- Operates electrically
- Sold individually with a one-year Airtex limited warranty
- The price was the best that we could find online. We decided to purchase the product because of it.
- The packaging that the product came in was durable and it survived a very quick delivery.
- The removal of the old parts seemed to go well since we knew what we were doing. We soaked all the parts with penetrating oil overnight before installing the new pump.
- It could pump around 50 gallons per hour of fuel, which seems just fine to us since we're running on low pressure for most of the time.
We didn't like...
- Even though its highly recommended that fuel filters be replaced with fuel pumps, this product didn't come with the filter as well. We had to buy those separately.
- The pump did not come with a fuel sending unit and a pressure sensor. It was only the motor and a few other components.
- People who are installing this pump for the first time might become confused during the process.
- Despite the fact that it seems to work fine, the pump was actually quite noisy. We think it was designed this way.
- They don't work as well in higher pressure situations.
While we wouldn't recommend this product for vehicles that are involved in high pressure situations, we wouldn't disregard it completely. If you're looking for a original equipment replacement for a low-pressure vehicle, then an Airtex fuel pump could be the part for you. As long as you're willing to put in the work required and the necessary patience, you could gain a new pump at the fraction of the cost that a dealership will quote you on.