Whether you're cruising around town or navigating rough roads, you need reliable brake pads to keep you safe while driving. Vibration, overheating, and cracking are common in many brake pads, making simple stops difficult. We understand that finding the perfect pair of brake pads can be challenging, so we're taking the burden off your shoulders. We tested the Akebono brake pad set on our 2007 Honda Accord Coupe to see if this set lives up to its promise.
- Made from ceramic
- Low dust
- Asbestos free
- Sold in sets of two
- OE comparable
- Front location
- Include shims
- Direct-fit backing plates
- Black powder-coated backing plates
- With high-temperature resistant moly tube
- Corrosion resistant
- Chamfered and shimmed design for (noise, vibration, and harshness) NVH control
What we liked
- Most newly installed brake pads require a break-in period. We didn't have to go through that with the Akebono brake pad set. The pads grip the rotor just fine, and we didn't notice any decrease in performance despite the lack of break-in procedures.
- Since they're made from ceramic, the brake pads don't cause as much damage to the rotors as other brake pads do. Moreover, they've reduced the braking noise of our vehicle. Out of all the ceramic brake pads we've tested, these pads provide the best noise-free braking, thanks to their chamfered and slotted design.
- We enjoyed how the brake pads provide smooth braking action, even during panic stops. For drivers who have a habit of hard braking, these pads are an answered prayer.
- The pads are high-temperature resistant, which makes them less susceptible to fade due to overheating.
- The low-dust formulation kept our wheels shiny and clean. We didn't have to deal with any more brake dust.
What we didn't like
- They're priced higher than most ceramic brake pads in the market, and these are just brake pads alone. Rotors are yet included in the set.
Our final say
Although the Akebono brake pad set is slightly more expensive than other brands, it gave our vehicle superior braking performance we seldom experience in other brake pads. If you're someone who puts quality above anything else, these pads would be ideal for you. However, the Akebono brake pad set may not be up your alley if you're looking for something with decent braking power, minus the hefty price tag.