When you're driving off-road, you need extra protection to the front side of your vehicle. Low-speed dings, oncoming obstacles, and other unexpected road snarl-ups could scratch or dent the fascia of your automobile. You'll need a brush or a grille guard to prevent damage to your vehicle. With so many options in the market, choosing the right grille guard could be challenging. This is why we tested the Aries grille guard on our Toyota Tundra to see if the part can live up to its promise.
- Direct fit
- 1.5-inch tubing diameter
- Made from heavy-gauge tubing steel
- Comes in a powder-coated black finish
- One-piece construction
- Sold individually
- Comes with a three-year Aries limited warranty
What we liked
- We didn't have plenty of time on our hands to do any modifications, so it's great that the Aries grille guard came as a direct fit, one-piece construction. It didn't require us to cut any parts or drill holes, so that saved us a lot of time during installation.
- Although there wasn't a huge jump on pricing difference between this grille guard and those from other brands, we find the one from Aries relatively less expensive than most. If you're looking for something that looks great and works fine but doesn't cost a lot, then this is the one for you.
- The part was made from heavy-gauge tubing steel. While the material is not as sturdy as stainless steel, we loved how efficiently this grille guard protected the fascia of our Toyota Tundra. We drove through high brush off the road, and our vehicle remained scratch-free throughout the test. Moreover, the grille guard offers moderate pushing power to the vehicle. This comes in useful when you're driving off-road and have to push light objects out of your way.
What we didn't like
- The directions that came with the part weren't clear. We had to look for better instructions online. Even though we were able to find clearer, step-by-step directions on the Internet, we felt that it's an additional step that could have been eliminated if only the manufacturer had included the right directions in the first place.
Our final say
If you're someone who's looking for a decent, mid-priced brush guard for your vehicle, the Aries grille guard surely won't disappoint. The heavy-gauge tubing steel provided moderate pushing power, which is good when driving on rough roads with plenty of obstacles. However, we don't recommend this grille guard for ramming objects. Overall, this grille guard will give you excellent value for your money.