BAK Industries Tonneau Cover
You're driving along the highway, carrying all your precious stuff on your truck bed, when suddenly rain falls. The next scenario would probably be a truckload of valuables soaked under the rain. That is why truck owners have what you call a tonneau cover. It protects your belongings from the rain and other weather elements as you drive to your destination. To help you in choosing a high-quality tonneau cover, here's what we think about the BAK Industries BakFlip G2 tonneau cover:
BAK Industries BakFlip G2 tonneau cover features:
- Sold individually
- Has 300 lbs. of evenly distributed weight rating
- Equipped with powder-coated black, aircraft grade aluminum panel frames
- Comes with an insulated EPS panel core
- Offered in hair cell texture finish with an integrated drainage system built into the rails
- Includes a corrosion-resistant EPDM rubber hinge
- Provides intermittent locking positions
- Can be used fully or partially open
- Designed for weather-resistance
- Easily lockable and removable
- Can be washed easily
- Can operate from either side of the truck
- Covered by a one-year BAK Industries limited warranty
We tried the BAK Industries BakFlip G2 tonneau cover on our 2010 Ford Expedition and noticed these advantages and disadvantages:
- It's very easy to use; you just have to flip it all the way forward and lock it in place or flip it back entirely to protect your rear window against huge freight.
- The installation is quick and simple; you can finish installing it in a matter of minutes.
- It's built tough and reliable, so you can expect a long service life.
- It's 100% weatherproof; you can go out and drive no matter what the season is.
- It retains its shape even in extreme temperatures; it doesn't shrink in cold or expand in heat.
- It works well with under-the-bedrail bedliners, sprayed-in bedliners, and tailgate protectors.
- It endures the harsh UV rays; it doesn't crack, warp, fade, or rust.
- It's a bit pricey compared to other brands like Bestop, Garage Pro, and Lund.
- The warranty coverage would've been better if it was offered on a longer period.
Therefore we say...
The BAK Industries tonneau cover delivers maximum protection against varying weather conditions. It doesn't rust, warp, or deform even under the harsh rays of the sun. It's also very easy to use. You either just flip it forward or flip it back and secure it in place. If you're into a functional tonneau cover that's worth your money, then we suggest you try BAK Industries.