In some vehicles, the power unit and electrical wirings could use a little tidying up and some electrical accessories necessitate a power source rather than just tapping onto a wiring harness. In our ride, we have the BD Diesel power distribution kit to do such tasks. Allow us to share with you how it fared to help you see if it is up to scratch.
- Sold as a kit
- 40 amps combined current capacity
- With blue LEDs indicating fuse status
- Delivers eight 5-amp fused power points
- Designed for 12-volt automotive application
- With 4 constant and 4 switched power outputs
- Kit inclusions: power pod module, 72" black wire, 64" red wire, 24" yellow wire
- With this power distribution kit, we were able to make our vehicle's wiring seem like it was professionally done with just one power source for several accessories instead of various taps in the wiring harness.
- This addition to our automotive electrical system doesn't mean additional maintenance task for us. In fact, the blue LED indicators make diagnostic so much easier as they let us know the status of each fuse--whether it's blown or working well--in a breeze. That means no more taxing troubleshooting on our part.
- We're thankful that the kit comes with almost everything we need to have the power pod module installed easily and to make the entire system work well. The module itself is easy to mount in our chosen location under the dash--we just used a high-quality two-sided tape.
- Since this is an add-on for the electrical system, we think installation should only be carried out by those who are well-versed with such system and familiar with the wirings in the vehicle. What took us a little while during installation is choosing the mounting location for the power pod module as it has to be in a place where the terminals can easily be accessed and fuses can be inspected without any hassle. We also made sure that the unused terminals won't be in contact with any metal that can cause short circuit or other electrical issues.
- This may be a bit pricey to some vehicle owners considering that the vehicle will still run even without this installed.
Our final thought
This is such a good buy for the owners of diesel-powered vehicles who are in need of something that would help solve their ride's wiring nightmares. We are happy that we stumbled upon this product as it allowed us to have a power source for our accessories.