The turbocharger could spell the difference between a small engine that performs big and a large engine that works just like a small one. It is added into a vehicle to increase the engine's power output without adjusting the engine itself. It makes use of the energy coming from the engine's exhaust gases to be able to deliver ample amount of compressed air into the engine. So, whether you are upgrading your turbocharger or getting a replacement for the old one, you shouldn't gamble on your next turbo kit.
Should you need information about the available turbochargers in the market these days, we can be of help to you. Our Dodge truck is equipped with a BD Diesel Turbocharger--the Super B Special Turbo for Dodge 5.9L Cummins--and here's what we have to say about it:
- Sold as a kit
- Flows 80 lbs. of air per minute
- Ensures less turbo lag and lower EGTs
- Bolt-in replacement for the stock turbo
- Allows enough air for racing applications
- Responsive and reliable for street and towing applications
- Can't be used in California licensed vehicles due to CARB regulations
- Comes with all necessary adapters, spring-loaded T-bar clamps, and turbo feed/drain fittings
- Designed by BD Diesel Performance and Borg Warner Turbo Systems AirWerks
- We are actually using our diesel truck for off-roading and towing tasks. We're so thankful for this turbo kit because since we've installed it, we noticed consistent output from our engine no matter how light or heavy the load is. Even during those rare times when we had fun on the racetrack with fellow diesel truck owners, the truck still displayed an impressive performance.
- Installation, though time-consuming, went out smoothly. We think it was partly because we are familiar with our engine and its stock turbocharger, and we know exactly what we're doing, and largely because this kit already comes complete with everything we needed to carry out a hassle-free installation.
- The price is a bit steep. So if you have limited budget for now and you think you can still squeeze some miles out of your stock turbocharger, you'd better save some more to afford this costly upgrade.
- It's sad that California residents won't be able to experience how great of a turbocharger it is due to the state's strict CARB regulations.
For those who own a 2003-2007 Dodge 5.9L, this is such an excellent upgrade. It will definitely awaken the beast lurking in your engine, just like what it did to our truck's diesel engine. It may be costly, but when you start experiencing all the performance benefits it could deliver, you will surely be convinced that this is the best value you can get out of your dollars.