The most important parts of your vehicle are carefully arranged under your hood. Each component is strategically placed in a location where it could perform at its best. All these essential parts are often secured in place by their mounting assemblies. One good example of this would be your motor and transmission mount. It is responsible for keeping your valuable transmission in its rightful spot. Like all the other parts of your vehicle, this mount will eventually deteriorate and fail. A broken mount can cause the transmission to get misaligned or worse, get damaged. When you begin to notice some shaking while you are accelerating or if you hear some clunking and banging sounds from under your hood, it is absolutely time to replace your transmission mount. There are loads of replacement options in the online market today, but let's see if the Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount can help us cut to the chase.
Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount features
- OE replacement
- Sold individually
- Made of sturdy polyurethane material
- Comes in black or natural finish
- Carries a 90-day or 4,000-mile limited warranty from Beck Arnley
We tested the Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount on our road glider, which is a Chevrolet Corvette, and here are our comments:
- The Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount was a perfect match for our stylish Chevy Corvette. Its OE feature guaranteed a no-sweat installation, and we did not even spend an hour for the setup.
- We also loved the replacement unit's polyurethane material. It is definitely more durable than the stock because the rubber material tends to wear out fast.
- The Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount also provided a more stable grasp on our Chevrolet Corvette's transmission. We did not hear any noise or feel any vibration from the engine in all the tests and observations we had.
- Its black surface finish also matched the look of our engine block. We managed to keep our Corvette's awesome look from its fašade and down to its components under the hood.
- Our favorite perk is probably the motor and transmission mount's very affordable price. We were able to give our Chevy Corvette the best possible mount for its transmission without exhausting our meager budget.
- Although the Beck Arnley transmission mount's compatibility with our Corvette is unquestionable, the mount was a little tighter than our stock. Because of this, we had to slightly hammer it in place.
- The replacement unit's short warranty period was another let-down. The three-month warranty coverage is undeniably shorter than other brands'.
The bottom line is...
The Beck Arnley motor and transmission mount did not fail us. It proved to be a worthy replacement option for our Chevy Corvette's broken stock. Its material composition was very ideal because it can withstand the normal operating temperature in our vehicle's engine block. It is also more resistant to rust and corrosion than any other material used in the production of transmission mounts. The unit's hold on our transmission was also impeccable. There were no unnecessary sound or vibration, and the transmission's proper alignment was maintained. We are also impressed by the mount's appearance since keeping our Corvette's badass look is a must for us.
Even though we are not really happy with the short warranty period, we still see this product as a good find. The only thing that matters to us is that we were able to enjoy the benefits of a superior-quality transmission mount without going over our budget.