It always follows that quality cat-back components make for good emissions. But it is also true that your driving habits and vehicle treatment will either make it easy or hard for your muffler and tailpipe to work and give you passing exhaust emissions. Even though these parts are replaceable, it will not be cost-effective if you have to replace any of these exhaust system components in just under a year. Thus, make sure that your cat-back cleans your emissions and helps your engine perform better. Let us see if a Borla exhaust system will be a good investment for you.
- Mandrel-bent for a smooth look and perfect diameter
- Made from T-304 stainless steel
- 50-state legal
- Performance component
- Comes with mounting hardware
- Muffler is straight-through type, has aggressive sound level, and has a single inlet and outlet
- Tailpipe has an angular cut, polished, and with a round shape
We tested this cat-back system on a Toyota Avalon and a Mitsubishi Outlander, and here is what we have to say:
- We were able to install the components with only less sweat. With all the mounting hardware provided, we just needed to lift the Avalon and the Outlander and install every piece one by one. The units perfectly fit well with each other.
- The muffler and the tailpipe looked good and solid. It seemed that they would be able to resist corrosion for thousands of miles. The polished finish of the exhaust tip added a nice touch to the cat-back.
- When we drove both cars in the city, we noticed that the cat-back system was quiet. When we coursed through the highway, there was an aggressive, throaty sound when we hit full throttle. We really felt that the performance of the cars' exhaust system really became better.
- Both vehicles ran without any signs of acting up during the thirty-minute drive.
- The product has a very competitive price and warranty offer.
- The exhaust tip was a bit huge and less classy; it could have been slimmer to match luxury vehicles.
For a performance cat-back exhaust system, this one from Borla is worth the money. There are a lot of good reviews that you can find online to back up its quality and value. However, make sure to purchase a unit that is specific to the make and model of your vehicle in order to avoid fitting hassles. The product has a good price and warranty, so this is really one of the brands out there that you have to consider when looking for a cat-back.