Providing sufficient current to crank the engine is the responsibility of a component called the starter. Connected to the battery, this component works in tandem with other parts such as the starter solenoid. Without the starter, it's nearly impossible to run your car, especially during winter or summer, when your vehicle is exposed to extreme temperatures. Therefore, it's best that you get a high-quality starter for your car. That is why we've tried the Bosch Professional Preferred starter on our 2011 Toyota Camry, and we've come up with these observations:
Bosch starter features:
- It's manufactured for extreme strength and reliability.
- It's built to match and even exceed OEM's torque, amperage draw, and RPM standards.
- It boasts its 100% new armature, starter drive, and coil.
- It's 100% tested for full-load conditions.
- It's made of high-quality materials only, and is crafted under strict quality standards.
- It offers maximum performance and a long service life.
- It comes in a factory finish for an OEM look.
- It's built with Bosch's latest manufacturing technology.
- It's covered with Bosch's Ultimate Protection Plan.
- It's backed by a two-year Bosch limited warranty.
Having tried the Bosch Professional Preferred starter on our 2011 Toyota Camry, we noticed the following advantages and disadvantages:
The plus points
- Being an OE replacement makes the installation a lot quicker and easier; all you need is basic knowledge on car repair.
- It's outstanding torque, amperage draw, and RPM standards offer an unbeatable cranking performance.
- The starter's remarkable quality allows the component to endure excessive heat and electrical demands.
- You can be completely worryless due to Bosch's Ultimate Protection Plan; it comes with free emergency roadside assistance program, which is available 24/7 within 2 years since the purchase date.
- It provides you with peace of mind thanks to Bosch's two-year limited warranty.
- It's even more powerful than our Camry's factory starter.
The minus points
- It's a bit expensive compared to other starter brands like Beck Arnley and BBB Industries.
- Its factory finish can still be polished for a better, cleaner look.
The total score
We truly appreciate the outstanding performance of Bosch's starter. It delivered exactly what it promised - maximum performance, high quality, and a no-sweat installation. The only concern we find is its price, which makes it more expensive than other starter brands. But if you're looking for a starter that's worth your money, then we suggest you buy a Bosch starter.