It can be hard to make your vehicle stand out from a sea of similar-looking automobiles. There are only so many headlights that you can add to your grille, and so many paint colors to choose from. One of the ways in which you can get a unique look is to get a new set of fender flares. You will also get the added benefit of preventing road debris from splattering against the side of your SUV, Jeep, or pickup.
Bushwacker pocket-style fender flares features:
- A four-piece set of fender flares for the front and rear of various vehicles
- Each piece is made of plastic formed into a three-inch bolted or pocket style with a matte black finish
- A direct fit product that can be attached by screws without drilling
- Comes with a lifetime Bushwacker limited warranty
We bought these for our own 2001 Ram 1500. Here's what we have to say about the experience:
- The price is quite affordable and it's below what competitors were offering.
- We didn't need to cut or drill anything. We didn't even have to sand or trim the piece to fit our truck well.
- After installing the fender flares, they looked like a natural part of our Ram. But, our truck looked like a different vehicle entirely.
- We opted to paint them to better match our Ram's body color. The whole process was quite easy and it only took us 15 hours, not counting the drying time.
- They do help keep off the road debris from the sides of our truck.
We didn't like...
- We're glad we've got more than one person handling the installation of these flares. Two people will get a tighter fit than just one person going at it alone because someone needs to hold the fender flare against the vehicle's body so that the other could put the metal screws in.
- The cushion strip was a little bit difficult to install on the mold, and we had to be careful with the mold to prevent cuts on our hands.
Getting Bushwacker fender flares is a good choice when you want a unique look for your vehicle for an affordable price. Call a friend and prepare for a little difficulty in installing them to your pickup or SUV, but once you've done so, we'll bet that you'll be pleased with the results. We certainly love that our Ram looks like a different truck now.