Catco Catalytic Converter Replacement
You've got an emissions test coming up, and your catalytic converter is rusted through, so you need a new one. There are all kinds of options out there, but you don't need a boutique part that claims to give you competitive advantages. You just want a solid component that does the job and lasts a long time. You're talking about a Catco Catalytic Converter, because they've got extremely advanced engineering and manufacturing processes, but they strive to just make great parts that do the ...job right. Whether you're meeting general EPA specs or you need to meet the tougher California OBDII standards, their converters will pass the tests with flying colors, and with 409 stainless steel construction, corrosion won't be a problem. Their advanced Aristo catalyst technology is as good as any you'll find in any competing product, and they've almost always got a part that's so perfectly fitted for your vehicle that you can reuse the hardware that's there, with the exact same mount points. If that's not the case, they've got a universal mount Catco Catalytic Converter for you, so there's no question that they make a product that will solve your problem simply, with durable parts from a manufacturer that mechanics turn to first. All customers completely deserve tremendous customer service when they buy good quality car parts from us. For our valued customers, we created a 24/7 customer support desk to support all your needs. To make a good deal even better, we provide FREE shipping on every order over $50. If you can find a better price, call us - we always beat any legitimate auto part price.
Feeling a little bit anxious before a big exam is something you might share with a student. However, failing your emissions test means spending a lot of time and money on trying to find what's wrong with your vehicle. To prevent this from happening, ensure that your car parts are in good working order. If you smell rotten eggs, hear a rattling sound, and/or experience a loss of engine power, then you need to replace your catalytic converter before going in for your test. This is the most important component that will help determine your test results. Since the clock is ticking towards your big exam, you won't have time to try out any return products that you won't like. Read our recent review of Catco's catalytic converter below to find out if this is the right part for you:
Catco catalytic converter features:
- Original equipment replacement product with a tube and case made from stainless steel with a natural finish
- The substrate is made from a ceramic honeycomb material
- Has a round body with a single three-bolt welded flange inlet and a single two-bolt welded flange outlet
- Comes as a set of two converters with a five-year of 50,000-mile Catco limited warranty
- We noticed an increase in performance soon after we installed the new catalytic converter. We experienced better exhaust flow and fuel efficiency as well as greater power and torque.
- It's a little louder than the stock system, but we think that's definitely a good thing. This noticeable improvement isn't obnoxiously loud.
- We took it to our local emissions testing center, two weeks ago. We're glad to report that it passed New Jersey's inspection laws with no problems.
- We had to do a lot of work to make the product fit with our existing exhaust system during the installation.
- Apart from using the exhaust clamps from our stock, we also had to replace the oxygen sensors and use a liberal amount of anti-seize compound on the threads as well.
If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive way of sprucing up your exhaust system before a big emissions test, then a new Catco catalytic converter may just be the thing for you. Although we had problems during the installation process, we still got what we wanted - an affordable OE comparable product for our Mercury. Finally, we're very happy that it passed our emissions test.