Feeling a little bit anxious before a big exam is something you might share with a student. However, failing your emissions test means spending a lot of time and money on trying to find what's wrong with your vehicle. To prevent this from happening, ensure that your car parts are in good working order. If you smell rotten eggs, hear a rattling sound, and/or experience a loss of engine power, then you need to replace your catalytic converter before going in for your test. This is the most important component that will help determine your test results. Since the clock is ticking towards your big exam, you won't have time to try out any return products that you won't like. Read our recent review of Catco's catalytic converter below to find out if this is the right part for you:
Catco catalytic converter features:
- Original equipment replacement product with a tube and case made from stainless steel with a natural finish
- The substrate is made from a ceramic honeycomb material
- Has a round body with a single three-bolt welded flange inlet and a single two-bolt welded flange outlet
- Comes as a set of two converters with a five-year of 50,000-mile Catco limited warranty
- We noticed an increase in performance soon after we installed the new catalytic converter. We experienced better exhaust flow and fuel efficiency as well as greater power and torque.
- It's a little louder than the stock system, but we think that's definitely a good thing. This noticeable improvement isn't obnoxiously loud.
- We took it to our local emissions testing center, two weeks ago. We're glad to report that it passed New Jersey's inspection laws with no problems.
- We had to do a lot of work to make the product fit with our existing exhaust system during the installation.
- Apart from using the exhaust clamps from our stock, we also had to replace the oxygen sensors and use a liberal amount of anti-seize compound on the threads as well.
If you're looking for a relatively inexpensive way of sprucing up your exhaust system before a big emissions test, then a new Catco catalytic converter may just be the thing for you. Although we had problems during the installation process, we still got what we wanted - an affordable OE comparable product for our Mercury. Finally, we're very happy that it passed our emissions test.