Your car's brake system needs to be checked every now and then. After all, it plays a crucial role in providing driving safety. When your brake shoe starts showing signs of wear and tear, it's a must that you replace it immediately. Without properly working brake shoes, slowing down or stopping your vehicle becomes hard, which may then lead to accidents caused by lack of stopping power. That is why it's important to install a high-quality brake shoe set. And to help you in choosing which brand would be worth your money, here's what we think about the Centric brake shoe set:
Centric C-tek Standard brake shoe set features:
- Sold as a two-wheel set
- Comes asbestos-free
- Offered in a brand new condition
- Available as an OE replacement
- Provides superior stopping power
- Manufactured using only high-quality materials
- Works well with brake system stock components
- Features perfect fit for your vehicle's rear
- Backed by a 90-day or 3,000-mile Centric limited warranty
We got to try the Centric C-tek Standard brake shoe set on our very own 2012 Ford F-150. And we noticed the following good and bad points:
- The installation is a easy and doesn't require any modification, thanks to its OE-comparability; you just need to prepare some inexpensive tools and less than an hour to complete the installation.
- It's recommended for OE-comparable usage.
- You can immediately feel an enhanced braking power, especially in lower speeds.
- It offers a long service life; it didn't show any signs of damage even after our nine-mile drive around town.
- You have everything you need to complete the installation, since this product is sold in a two-wheel set.
- You're confident that this brake shoe set is non-toxic due to its asbestos-free construction.
- It's more affordable compared to other brands such as Bendix, Omix, and Beck Arnley.
- It would be better if the warranty coverage would be extended to more than 90 days.
- It's available in black color only, so it's not suitable for those who wish to match the colors of their car's components.
The Centric C-tek Standard brake shoe set delivers maximum stopping power. It's easy to installa and durable at the same time. Thanks to its O-comparability, it directly fits into the stock brake shoe's place. So if you're on the hunt for a component that's durable and functional, then we suggest you try the Centric C-tek Standard brake shoe set.