When you are need of a new mirror for your ride you need to check into the great quality, selection, and versatility of a mirror made by CIPA. CIPA had been making replacement and performance mirrors for all sorts of different applications and uses for over 65 years. They make replacement side mirrors, rearview mirrors, towing mirrors, marine mirrors, and even mirrors for ATVs. If you need a mirror then they make one that will fit your needs. Foe example if you need a CIPA Mirror to replace your... broken or worn out stock rearview mirror CIPA offers many choices. First, you could go with a standard replacement mirror and get the fit and stock performance that you are accustomed to. Or, you could go with one of the performance CIPA Mirrors and boost your experience with a mirror that features auto-dimming, a mirror that features a lightening option for easy map reading, or even a mirror that includes a temperature gauge. You can also purchase a CIPA Mirror in many different styles for your side mirror or towing mirror needs. They make an extendable mirror for easier towing, an Extreme mirror for use on a boat, and a side mirror that features LED turning signals for greater safety on the road. Some popular styles of both rearview and side mirrors made by CIPA include the rear panoramic mirror, the lighted Euro Sport mirror, the Optic and Optic Glow mirrors, and the Auto-Dimmer that changes the tint of the glass automatically to reduce headlight glare in the driver's eyes. Gearheads deserve superb support and help while buying good quality parts for a car or truck. So of course we established a 24-hour, 7 day a week sales support call desk to answer your questions. To make a good deal even better, there is 100% free shipping for every order more than $50. If you spot a better price somewhere else, let us know - we will meet or beat any advertised price for auto parts.
Backing up into a fire hydrant isn't sexy--so is running over your neighbor's dog while you're parking. While most of us would like to think that we have fine driving skills, chances are, we aren't as great as we think we are. For these reasons, it is extremely important to have a side-view car mirror that will give a better scrutiny of the road behind. However, the choices for car mirrors can be daunting, so we took on the noble task of testing the CIPA mirror on our Pontiac Grand Am to see if it will improve our driving skills even by a tiny bit. Here's what we found out.
- OE comparable
- Manual folding
- Corner mount
- Made from plastic
- Glossy black finish
- Sold individually
- With flat mirror glass
- Comes with one-year CIPA limited warranty
- With four-hole, four-prong connector
What we liked
- This CIPA mirror is an excellent OE replacement. It looks just like the stock unit that we had on our Pontiac Grand Am, but only better. Its glossy, black finish adds a touch of stylishness to our ride.
- It fits our ride perfectly. Moreover, installation was a breeze. Mounting the mirror took only 10 minutes.
- Most of the top-quality side-view mirrors that we've seen are priced over $100. This one is sold at a much cheaper price, but the quality is just as excellent as the high-end ones.
- We didn't notice any vibration on the mirror, even if we drive our Grand Am at 80 mph. Most mirrors would shake at high speeds, but this one remained stable throughout the whole ride.
What we didn't like
- It looks like this mirror doesn't hold up to heat very well. Its powder-coated black finish is not as long lasting as we had imagined. If you live in an area with a hot climate, you might find some faded spots on the mirror housing sooner than expected.
- The mirror doesn't come with nuts to fit the mounting studs. Although you can easily find nuts on any local auto parts store, you have to bring the car mirror to ensure that the nuts are an exact fit.
Our final say
The CIPA mirror is a low-priced alternative to most OEM-replacement mirrors. The fading issue is only a minor hitch and is not really a deal breaker, unless you're too concerned about how your mirror looks. If you're looking for a reasonably priced replacement for your stock side-view mirror, this CIPA mirror would be a decent substitute for your old one.