Car sitting can be an easy way to earn a few extra bucks or to help out a loved one. You only need to turn on the engine and drive the car around once a week in order to keep its parts working. For the rest of the time, you can store the vehicle (or vehicles, if you're a popular car-sitter) in your garage or driveway. However, this could mean washing and waxing several cars, or it could mean buying one or more car covers to protect the vehicles from dirt, dust, and debris. If you're considering buying these covers, you'll be sure to encounter the Covercraft brand. Here's what we have to say about them:
Covercraft Block-it Evolution car cover features:
- A heavyweight car cover made of polypropylene fabric intended for outdoor use
- Comes in a tan color with two mirror pockets
- Sold individually with a four-year Covercraft limited warranty
- Despite being made for heavy rains and snow, it's actually a very soft and lightweight product that did not scratch our paint or trim.
- The elastic around the bottom makes it easy to put on, use, and take off. It also prevents the cover from blowing off when really gusty winds blow.
- It fits even the most unusual of car body shapes. We just roll it from the front of the car to the back.
- We found that it also protects the car from bird poop and that it can prevent the freshly-waxed finish from fading in the hot sun.
- We found that it easily stores inside its original packaging when we're not using it.
We didn't like...
- For cars with exposed antennas, the holes provided for it may not be enough.
- While we appreciate the fabric's lightness, two people actually had to wrestle with it while installing it on a windy day.
- Putting the cover on before the exhaust cools isn't advisable as it could make contact with these parts and burn.
- While it allows the car to breathe, it also allows rainwater to seep in as well.
Even if you're not planning to take care of somebody else's car, buying a cover can be a good investment if you want to ensure that your vehicle is protected from dust and dirt. While we wouldn't recommend it to owners of cars with antennas or those who need to constantly expose their car to the rain, we do think it's a good product. Not only does it protect cars from everyday dust and debris, it's also lightweight and soft enough to protect the car from itself.