Wear prevention is not only limited to the hardworking parts of your car like those under the hood and frame. Of course, you also need to maintain the good physical appearance of your interiors, especially the seats. If you have the habit of eating inside your car, then seat covers will be helpful in preventing stains from being deeply imprinted on your car seats. Using these covers will actually be a great purchase because you will be able to extend the unblemished look of your seats, plus the fact that you will be able to choose the best complementary color for your interiors. There are many seat cover brands out there, but one that you might try is Covercraft. But before buying its SeatSaver unit, let us first put the product to the test.
- Made of poly-cotton drill-weave fabric
- Slip-on and slip-off type
- Washer- and dryer-safe
- Protects against UV rays
- Gets softer with each wash
- Provides pet protection
We tested this component on a Chevrolet Impala LS and a GMC Sierra with extended cab, and here is what we have to say:
- The seat covers perfectly matched the 40/20/40 split of the seats of the two cars. We just needed to slip every piece on the headrest, backrest, and bottom seating, and then fasten each with the Velcro. When done with the installation, the covers fit stretched and did not sag or rumple.
- The heavy-duty fabric used looked long-lasting and breathable. It would definitely be safe for pets.
- The covers resisted our stretching. This was due to the overlapped and double-stitched stress seams that made the product durable and strong. The unit had a great construction.
- The seat covers allowed easy access to the adjustments knobs and seatbelts.
- The product has a mid-range price.
- The lack of pockets at the back of the backrests was a bit of a downside. The pockets would have become additional storage for papers and whatnots.
- The addition of hypo-allergenic and smell-resistant features would have been great. We were quite convinced that the fabric would smell when something with a strong stench spilled or dropped to the covered seats.
This product only comes with a 90-day limited warranty, which was very stingy compared with the year of warranty provided by other brands. Despite that, it has a good price and looks good overall. The downsides are merely additional qualities that could have been added to make the product better. This Covercraft seat cover is definitely a good option.