Whether you're moving to a new place or taking your family out for a vacation, you'll need a dependable hitch for your vehicle. Hitches come in different classes and purposes, and it's a bit of a challenge to find the right one for your automobile. We've installed a Curt hitch 2011 Nissan Xterra, and this is what we discovered.
- Direct fit
- Rear location
- Class III, medium duty
- Receiver type
- Powder-coated black finish
- Two-inch tube opening
- Weather-tight construction
- Sold individually
- Suitable for boats, trailers, campers, and other similar hauls
- Includes a lifetime Curt limited warranty with one-year warranty on finish
What we liked
- This Curt hitch is one of the top-of-the-line Class III hitches that we've tested, and so far, we are impressed with its towing capacity. We used up its maximum gross trailer, and the hitch operated just as good as it would have if loaded with a much lighter weight.
- Installation was relatively easy. We say "relative" because we had to remove the spare tire, bolts, and rear exhaust hanger. After we've removed those, we gained enough clearance to slot in the hitch. Moun/ting the hitch did not require us to drill anything (direct fit), so installation took only less than 45 minutes to complete. An extra pair of hands would be great to speed up the installation.
- Its powder-coated black finish adds cohesiveness to the color scheme of our vehicle. Moreover, it added some protection against corrosion, which makes the hitch last longer.
- The lifetime, limited warranty puts icing to the cake. We expect this hitch to stay with us for a long time, so the warranty is an assurance that we can count on the manufacturer to stand by its products and fix them if damaged.
What we didn't like
- It is slightly more expensive than other hitches found online. We found other brands that sell similar Class III hitches at a much lower price. However, the online price is less expensive than what you would pay for in a dealership.
Our final say
The Curt hitch may be somewhat pricier than other brands, but this Class III hitch offers excellent towing capacity expected from a top-quality hitch. Installation wasn't complicated at all, if you follow the instructions to the letter.