Coolant and oil leaking into the combustion chamber of your engine is one precursor of engine damage. This is the reason why your engine block and cylinder head is separated by a gasket. Also called a head gasket, this component ensures that no amount of coolant and oil gets mixed with the fuel and air being burned in the combustion chamber. Intense heat can damage your head gasket over time, which will result to leaks; other times, your cylinder head may become warped, causing extreme pressure to the head gasket. Both of the mentioned scenarios only lead to gasket failure. Thus, if you are experiencing compression loss and other fluid-related problems, you need to replace your head gasket. Let us see if one from DNJ will provide a tight seal between the main components of your engine.
- Meets original equipment specifications
- Sold in set
- With a 12-month or 12,000-mile DNJ limited warranty
We tested this component on a Suzuki Kizashi and a Honda Accord, and here is what we have to say:
- Upon visual inspection, the engine gasket set looked okay. The main gasket that should fit to the cylinder heads looked tough and made from a quality material. The other separate gaskets along with the fasteners were all right in terms of appearance and construction.
- We were able to install the product correctly although it took us more than an hour for each car. The engine block was difficult to remove, and we still had to check the flatness of the mounting location. Despite these difficulties, the process was easy because we had the right components for the Kizashi and the Accord.
- The squawking in the engine of the Kizashi was gone after the installation of the engine gasket set. We also drove both cars for a couple of miles, varying speed every now and then, and we were satisfied that no leaks came up around the installation location. Also, neither the coolant nor the oil had a light tan color or changed in consistency and smell.
- This engine gasket set did not come with installation instructions that would have made the procedures a lot easier and sweat-free. It was a good thing that we were able to find instructions for setting the bolts to the correct sequence.
Compared with units from other brands, this DNJ engine gasket set has a mid-line price. It also comes with a good warranty, so you can definitely trust the unit to handle extreme combustion stress. Aside from the difficulty about installing the product without a guide, we had no considerable hassles fitting it. But still, you have to experience being with it for miles before you can draw out your opinion regarding its performance.