You can never discount the importance your mirrors play in keeping your driving safe. Since you should only have your eyes on the road in front of you, you need the assistance of mirrors to reflect the areas at the back and alongside your car. A 360-degree view is the most ideal, but if you can cover as much area to keep from bumping with other cars and hitting people, then you can be sure of a safe trip driving in the city and on the highway. If you own a modern car, then you can enjoy the benefit of an auto-dimming feature that decreases vision-impairing glare. Whether yours is a clip-on or a bracket type, you must ensure that your car mirror is of the best kind that complements your driving style and visual acuity. And when you need to replace it, choose a quality one like those from Dorman. However, let us first see if its product has the features you need.
- Made of plastic
- Mounts at the corner
- With black finish
- With manual remote operation
- Without a signal light
- Without caps
- Comes with a lifetime Dorman limited warranty
We tested this component on a Saturn SL and a Honda Accord, and here is what we have to say:
- The mirror was very easy to install, and it actually took more time to get the tools and put them away than switching the old one with this new unit.
- The mirror glass was very clear, and there were no scratches or whatever that would indicate careless packaging.
- The plastic housing was solid. When we tapped on it, it was not too hollow at all.
- The product fit well to the mounting location on the SL and the Accord. The screws were provided, and we did not need to make adjustments.
objects on mirror are closer than they appearengraving was neatly done and could be seen clearly.
- After the installation, we tested the folding mechanism of the mirror. It did fold without making any troubling sound.
- The unit came with clear installation instructions.
- The product did not come with the replacement cable for manually controlling the mirror from inside the car.
- Because it was non-heated, the product would not be advisable to be used in areas that constantly experience very cold weather.
This Dorman mirror seems to be a good replacement unit. Just remember that this product is not only the mirror glass, but it includes the housing as well. Price-wise and warranty-wise, the product is very competitive; in fact, it belongs to the affordable ones in the product spectrum.