Surely, you would want to have clean emissions at all times. But that would not be possible if you have a bad engine system that is worsened by a bad exhaust system. If you are in this scenario, your car is definitely going down the cliff. But you can still reverse your plight if you do something with your exhaust system, at least. You have to find the best flow directors that will lead exhaust gases unobtrusively throughout the exhaust system and out of the tailpipe. How do you find the best kind, really? Well, you have mandrel bending to consider along with a honeycomb filter and an aluminized body. But the difficult thing is that you will find a lot of features out there. If you are looking to replace your problematic exhaust system, you may go for one from Dynomax. But let us first see if such product is really up to scratch.
- With mandrel-bent tubing
- With a flow capacity of up to 700 SCFM
- With fiberglass matting
- Clamp-on attachment
- With oversized internal tube
- With a natural finish
- Made of aluminized steel
- With a patented flow director for less turbulence and optimum exhaust channeling
- Comes with mounting hardware
- 49-state legal
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
We tested this component on a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Jaguar XJ, and here is what we have to say:
- The product was easy to line up, and we were able to have everything clamped up in just thirty minutes for each vehicle.
- The aluminized steel casing looked good, making us expect that the thing would not be infected with rust after a few thousand miles. The stainless steel tailpipe was a great accent to the rear of the Grand Cherokee and the XJ.
- We drove the two vehicles once the system was installed in order to see the changes in performance. We noticed that the cat-back was quieter and there was no rattling, but we liked that the drone sound was still there.
- This is one of the cheapest ones you can find in the market.
- This exhaust system kit did not include the two 10mm by 1.5mm bolts and lock washers. So, we needed to head to the nearest hardware to find those. This was unexpected because the packaging said that the product came with all of the mounting hardware.
This Dynomax exhaust system looks good. Based from what we experienced during the test, the Grand Cherokee and the XJ considerably had better emissions. But, of course, we could only talk about its performance for that short period. There are anecdotal accounts online that this product starts to give owners problems after two years in service. That is the thing that you will have to find out for yourself.