Eastern Catalytic Converter
If you've ever failed an emissions test, you know how utterly frustrating it can be. Local regulations (and a desire not to purposely kill off the environment) make it important to have an exhaust system that is properly removing harmful elements from your exhaust vapors - which is why your catalytic converter is so important. When you choose an Eastern Catalytic Converter, you'll be getting one of the best components out there, guaranteed. With an Eastern Catalytic Converter, you'll get... the choice of a direct-fit catalytic converter, a universal catalytic converter, or a performance catalytic converter - meaning you can shop around to find the right part for your desired application, be it a heavy diesel truck or a nimble sports car. The direct-fit line, for example, contains options (including the relevant flanges and flex assemblies) built to exact OE specifications for more than 3,000 applications. The universal line offers great components for a wide variety of both import and domestic vehicles, and specializes in providing hard-to-find parts for hard-to-equip vehicles. In the performance line, you'll find great technology that specifically increases torque and horsepower through wider exhaust flow pathways. Any way you look at it, an Eastern Catalytic Converter is a great choice - guaranteed. All our customers understandably desire first-rate customer assistance when considering high-quality parts for a car or truck. For our valued customers, we run a twenty-four hour a day sales help call desk to answer your queries. To make a good deal even better, we offer free shipping on every order $50 or more. If you can find a better price, give us a call - we will meet or beat any legitimate auto part price.
These days everyone is conscious of the amount of raw resources they consume and the level of pollution they produce. The same goes in the automobile industry. That is why almost all vehicles today are equipped with catalytic converters to help reduce harmful emissions. But having a catcon installed on your car does not guarantee having a vehicle that doesn't release pollutants into the environment. Only a good-quality and efficient catcon can do that for you. To find out which catalytic converter will be more efficient in dissecting your vehicle's exhaust gases, we installed an Eastern ECO II Series catalytic converter on a 2001 Chevy truck with less than 100k miles.
- Contains wash coats with greater loadings of precious metals
- Advanced material design
- Direct-fit with a natural finish
- Stainless steel case and aluminized steel tubes
- Made specifically for second-generation on board diagnostic (OBD II) systems--49-state legal
- It was truly a direct-fit catcon. The part fit with the rest of the 2001 Chevy truck's exhaust system perfectly. The installation took only about three hours, with most of the time spent on removing the old catcon from the truck's chassis rather than on installing the Eastern catalytic converter. Putting the new one was fairly easy.
- After a week of replacing the old catcon, the truck felt more powerful. An improvement in its gas mileage was also observed with an increase in mpg by 5%.
- The truck picks up faster and the p/u runs better after the new catalytic converter was installed.
- During our test run, the 2001 Chevy was relatively quiet, with only a faint reverberating sound when the engine was turned on. Thankfully, the noise faded soon after driving the Chevy for a few miles.
- The Eastern catalytic converter's finish and construction was not expected. It didn't have the same quality material as an OEM catcon, but it did suffice. It still gave the 2001 Chevy truck improved ride quality.
- Aside from the catcon, the donut gaskets, tube bends, and other hardware that came with the part did not have the same quality as the stock components. Although everything fits well with each other, it was a bit of an eye sore whenever we took a peak at the truck's chassis.
- The clamps included, although fitted perfectly, felt loose on the crossover. We had to weld it into place to appease our fear of it loosening and falling off.
Overall, the Eastern ECO II Series catalytic converter was a healthy upgrade for the 2001 Chevy truck. The new catcon proved to be a perfect fit, and we didn't find any difficulty installing the part on the truck. It also effectively improved the truck's performance, as seen in the increased gas mileage and p/u. Even after a few weeks of installing the part, the truck still experienced a steady and constant improvement in its drive. Although it doesn't look as durable as an OEM part because of its material, the Eastern ECO II Series catalytic converter provided the boost in power needed by the Chevy. If you're not very particular with how it would look on your vehicle, then we recommend the Eastern catcon as an alternative to more pricey OE catalytic converters.