Just because you live your life in the fast lane, it doesn't mean you won't make time to check your brakes. Even if you're an expert in driving around the urban jungle, without a good working brake system, your car is just another raging animal on the loose. Although every part of your brake system contributes to its overall performance, its brake pads work the hardest when it comes to slowing down or stopping your car. So if you want superb stopping power, you need solid brake pads. To find out which brake pad will give you the best performance, we've installed the EBC Greenstuff 2000 Series brake pad set on our 2004 Infiniti FX35 Corvette and drove it through stop-and-go traffic.
- Has a higher friction coefficient for better brake effect
- Produces less dust to prevent build-up--dust can be wiped off easily
- Reduces rotor wear
- Finished with EBC Brake-In coating for increased initial brake effect
- Adjusted, leveled, and slotted for silent breaking
- Comes with a 12-month or 10,000-mile EBC warranty
- It works better with stock rotors as compared to sets with ceramic pads, which can ruin your rotors more quickly. If you're not planning to upgrade your whole brake system, we would suggest sticking to an organic brake pad set.
- It matches the OE specifications of our Corvette; it's easy to install.
- During a test drive, we found out that our speed was reduced sooner, at a difference of around 20-feet, than when using stock pads.
- It takes a while before you can feel the effect of the pads at their best. It's really good once heated up.
- We heard a slight noise while breaking in the pads, but it faded after a couple of miles.
- Although its warranty is up to 12 months, the 10,000-mile coverage can be limiting. It also does not apply to extreme race application.
The EBC Greenstuff 2000 Series brake pad set has a good hold on our tires, especially during hard street driving. That says a lot about the safety it can provide the vehicle. A week after installation, we noticed minimal dust buildup, which means longer-lasting brake pad performance. Although organic brake pad sets are pricey, they're definitely worth the extra cost.