Getting wet while inside your car is something that you would never want to experience. But if you install a vent visor on your windows, you can cruise the highway with your windows down without worrying about raindrops getting inside. Vent visors are a good add-on that also lets you have fresh air inside your car while you drive, making you enjoy long trips down a path with fields alongside. Plus, you will be able to give your air conditioning unit a rest if you have these. If you are looking for this kind of product, then opt for trusted names like EGR. However, let us first see if this brand's SlimLine product will provide the benefits you exactly need.
- Made of acrylic
- For front and rear
- In-channel type
- With dark smoke finish
- Comes with a lifetime EGR limited warranty
We tested this component on a Chevrolet Silverado and a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and here is what we have to say:
- The in-line feature really showed what it was about. We were able to install the visors into the channels of each window without any hassle.
- The acrylic material looked dependable and sturdy, something that would be tough enough to withstand strong winds and rain.
- The slim design of the vent visors did not add any drag to the ride when the Silverado and the Eclipse were driven.
- The vent visors were really slick and stylish, adding to the overall aesthetics of the two cars.
- It was not able to reduce wind noise that much when we had an open-windowed ride with the Silverado and the Eclipse.
- The QA inspection stickers were put on the tape side of the vent visors. It was quite difficult to remove those stickers and have the adhesive totally cleaned off.
- The in-channel design prevented us from closing the windows in one try. Sometimes, the glass of the windows would hit the channel, preventing the windows from closing completely. It was a real hassle trying to close the windows in several attempts.
With its good design and looks, this product from EGR is a sure grabber. But since aesthetics is not the sole factor that you have to consider, you would be better off looking for something more functional and less troublesome. This product is competitive price-wise, but you have to consider the long-term experience that you will have once you have tried these vent visors on.