For over 75 years, Exedy has been providing performance kits to over 80 countries worldwide. But no matter where you are in the world, the quality and durability of a clutch kit is measured not by its global popularity, but its actual performance. To find out if an Exedy clutch kit meets not only international standards, but as well as our own criteria, we've installed an Exedy clutch kit on a 98 Civic EX that has 160,000 miles on the original clutch.
- OE-fit, organic disc
- Sold in a complete set
- Kit comes complete with pressure plate, release and pilot bearing, clutch disc, and alignment tool
- Engineered with advanced dampening mechanisms and high-grade friction facings
- The part is manufactured by the same company that makes the original part. Exedy's top-quality name ensures a good working clutch.
- The pressure plate, throwout bearing, and the clutch itself all have the insigne "Manufactured in Japan" printed on their frames.
- This clutch kit had everything we needed to complete a clutch replacement on our Civic EX. Aside from all wear parts, the kit also came with detailed instructions that were very easy to follow. We installed the part with very little adjustment and no major problems.
- During our test drive, we noticed that the clutch pedal was noticeably lighter than before. Engagement was also smoother and it gave our Civic EX a little more surface area than Honda's factory clutch.
- The clutch performed well during hard take offs. It had plenty of grab. Contact significantly improved as well.
- After 5,000 miles on this clutch, there are no signs of wear or fade. Both the clutch and pedal still feels great.
- Installation was a bit time consuming. But once we got a hang of it, we had it placed on the Civic with no issues.
- Often times, the clutch pedal felt almost too soft for our liking.
- At first, a little chatter was noticed whenever we try to engage at less than 2k RPM. But after looking through the part again, we noticed that it was more of an installation problem than an issue with the clutch.
- Shudder was experienced on cold mornings, usually before the car was warmed up.
The Exedy clutch kit is an aggressive replacement kit that can improve a vehicle's power handling performance. Its OE-style organic disc is known for its smooth engagement and tolerant constructions. Recommended for street-driven cars, this clutch kit provides a longer lasting part that can handle repeated abuse from hard use. But aside from the power of its clutch, the kit is also impressive because of the inclusion of almost all parts needed for a clutch to be replaced, which helps you save on both time and money. Overall if you've got a flexible budget when it comes to upgrading your vehicle's clutch performance, we recommend going for an Exedy clutch kit.