Your car's exhaust system is responsible for letting harmful gases flow out of your vehicle. Aside from keeping the car's system clean of combustion-produced gas, it also provides your desired sound. However, not all exhaust system brands can offer you superb performance matched with a great sound at the same time. So to give you an idea on which brand to select, here's our short review of the Flowmaster exhaust system:
Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system features:
- It readily enhances performance, sound, and MPG right after installation.
- It comes as a direct fit; it's custom-made for your specific year, make, and model vehicle.
- It's made of large-diameter, mandrel-bent pipes.
- It's available in dual-exit, split-rear design.
- It uses a single inlet and a dual outlet muffler configuration.
- It has the capacity to moderate sound level.
- It comes with dual polished, stainless steel tubes measuring 2.5 inches each.
- It's suited for vehicles with single-flanged catalytic converter.
- It's offered with mounting hardware included.
- It's backed by a three-year Flowmaster limited warranty.
We tried the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system on our 2007 Ford Ranger, and came up with these observations:
- The installation is a breeze; being a direct fit surely speeds up the installation.
- It's made of aluminized steel, allowing it to resist corrosion better than plain steel.
- It comes in a natural finish for a neat and clean look.
- Being 50-state legal allows you to drive to any state without worrying about getting a ticket.
- It improves acceleration and offers passing power.
- There's a considerable increase in fuel mileage.
- It gives our truck an aggressive exhaust tone.
- It's a bit costly, especially for DIYers. Other exhaust system series from Flowmaster are cheaper such as Flowmaster Force II and Hushpower Diesel.
- Its three-year warranty is shorter compared to its stainless steel counterpart, which is covered by a limited lifetime warranty.
Getting the right exhaust system for your truck depends on your vehicle application. Usually, performance exhaust systems, like the Flowmaster American Thunder, costs higher than the standard exhaust systems. However, these exhaust systems would be your best bet if you want to achieve superior performance, deep sounds, and an increased MPG. The Flowmaster American Thunder is capable of improving your truck's performance as shown in our test drive. So if you're willing to go for the gold while enhancing your fuel mileage, then try this product.