Trading your stock muffler for an aftermarket muffler is one of the best things that you can do to give your vehicle a more personalized touch. Choosing the right one for you can be pretty tough, though, as there are so many to choose from in the market. With that said, a Flowmaster muffler is one of the better options out there. Let's see just how good it is.Features
- Composed of stainless steel
- Specifications: 13 in. length, 9.75 in. width, 4 in. height, 19 in. overall length
- Uses a single-center inlet and dual offset outlet configuration
- Uses the brand's patented "Delta Flow" technology
- Boasts of two-chamber internals for superior power and a more aggressive sound
- Sports a sleek black finish
- Comes with a Flowmaster lifetime limited warranty
We tested the product in our Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Below are our observations:The Good
- Installing it was a breeze.
- It made our hulking Chevrolet Silverado 1500 even more
badass.The aggressive sound produced by the Flowmaster muffler complemented the
imageof our vehicle.
Delta Flowtechnology is the real deal--it helped improve the performance of our Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Throttle response became noticeably better after installing the Flowmaster muffler. Those looking for an extra
kickwould surely appreciate this.
- The product features a case that's smaller than those used by most other mufflers. This allowed our vehicle to have greater ground clearance. Two thumbs up for this as we don't have to worry (that much, at least) about it getting damaged!
- The sleek black muffler added to our vehicle's
style points.It's subtle, but it's a very welcome bonus.
- While we found the more aggressive sound rather appealing, there's a chance that others won't. You may not like it yourself. It's more of a taste thing, after all.
- If you're looking for a muffler that's really quiet, then you're looking at the wrong product. There are numerous other mufflers that do a better job at, well, muffling sound. Still, the Flowmaster muffler isn't so bad at it.
The Flowmaster muffler may not be the perfect muffler for everyone. However, it does have a lot of good things going for it. It's functional, stylish, and rust-resistant, after all. On top of those, installing it wasn't a real chore. Don't forget the lifetime warranty, too. So yeah, it's definitely a good buy with all of those in mind.