It is good if your car has never overheated, for that is a sign that you are taking care of it well. But if you recently had to pull your vehicle on the roadside due to a smoking engine, then double check your cooling system, especially your water pump. This component helps to distribute water from the radiator to the engine's cylinders in order to cool them. It is made with a solid construction, but its weak parts are always prone to wearing that causes leaks, which results to a decrease in the pump's performance. If you are about to replace your water pump soon, check out first if one from GMB will make you a happier car owner.
- Includes two gaskets
- Mechanical type with clockwise rotation
- Provides a high flow design for efficient cooling
- Lubricated for extended life
- With hub and shaft that match OE fan clutches
- With pressed-on impeller for increased water flow
- With a bearing-protective seal
- With lifetime GMB limited warranty
After testing this component on a slightly old Honda Civic and a Subaru Sumo, we found out a few interesting stuff:
- The component was very easy to install--no wonder because it was designed for original equipment fit. The process approximately lasted for about ten minutes.
- It seamlessly accepted the fan clutch without signs that the clutch would get loose.
- The critical stress areas of the water pump were convincingly thicker than in the other products we have seen; this thicker extrusion would ensure that the component would last longer.
- After turning on the engine, the water pump operated with its usual brand-new performance. We checked the areas around the seal and saw no leaks. The ceramic seal was thick and tight, protecting the bearing completely from coolant damage.
- We applied pressure on the shaft by hand in order to check if the bearing was solid and had no play. We were satisfied.
- We heard no suspicious noises from inside the water pump that would indicate a malfunctioning impeller. Everything--based from our wide imagination--looked perfectly fine from the inside.
- The weep hole was a bit wet, but that was indicated as normal upon the setting of the pump's seal.
- A lifetime limited warranty would not match the three-year or 36,000-mile provided by A1 Cardone. Also, Bosch provides a specific 12,000-mile limited warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
- Pricewise, GMB's water pumps are along the middle line, which is not that impressive given that other brands will be able to provide the same quality and a better warranty offer for the same cost.
This water pump is constructed according to OE specifications, and it performed just like how a new component was supposed to. Actually, the results of our testing using the Civic and the Sumo were impressive, but we surely would not know for how long the product would be able to keep its integrity. GMB promises that once you buy this product, it will be the last water pump you will be installing on your car. That statement is what you will have to test.