As one of the most trusted names in the aftermarket exhaust industry, JBA Performance Exhaust promises to deliver power, sound, and quality with its exhaust performance products. But to test whether or not these products are really built with durable designs and heavy-duty features, it takes more than just a convincing product description to prove it. That's why we installed a set of JBA headers on our 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Ragtop to find out if a JBA exhaust product can meet the demands of most performance enthusiast.
- Direct fit
- Mid-length with eight cylinders
- Made of stainless steel with natural finish
- 49-state legal; not for sale or use in California and cannot be shipped to California addresses
- Includes mandrel-bent tubes, JBA Firecone collector, extra thick collector domes, exhaust ports, and emission connections
- Sold in sets of 2
- Upon visual inspection, the JBA header had an excellent appearance and looked identical to the original equipment.
- The part was a perfect fit to our '69 Ragtop. No modifications were made on the Z-bar or the power steering assembly to get the part installed securely on the vehicle.
- JBA-patented Firecone collector was especially impressive. No dead spaces were seen on the connected tubes, which consequently resulted in a smoother exhaust flow during the Ragtop's test drive.
- We also observed a slight improvement in gas mileage and power a few weeks after installation. The car never ran as good as it did with the OE part.
- Installation was a bit tricky, especially when installing the one found on the driver side.
- We also experienced difficulty with getting the bolts on the part because of the shape of the header. As a result, we couldn't get the exhaust pipe to fit without being forced by a bar. However, once we got the exhaust pipe connected to the part, everything else went smoothly.
- Although the natural finish was the team's personal choice, we agreed that a coated finish would have been better because of its smoother surface and corrosion-resistant abilities.
JBA headers are direct-fit replacements that can provide better exhaust performance and higher RPM efficiency. Physically, the OE-comparable, stainless steel headers look well-built and durable. It also features mandrel-bent primary tubes to help with throttle response, to resist warping, prevent leakage, increase flow, and accommodate cylinder head porting. However, installation of the part is a bit difficult and might need the help of an expert mechanic to ensure proper replacement and efficient function of the part. Nevertheless, a JBA header is an excellent replacement that can change or upgrade the performance of your vehicle's exhaust system.