If you have sensitive cargo on your truck bed, rain would definitely keep you off the road. But if you have a tonneau cover, you would be able to drive cargo anywhere in any type of weather. A tonneau cover can be soft or hard, depending on the material used, but the more important thing for you to know is that it is a great add-on for your truck. It actually allows you to protect the metal bed of your truck, thus stalling the early emergence of rust. Of course, having a tonneau cover keeps your cargo from getting wet when traveling under rain. Tonneau covers are highly customizable, and there are several ways of putting them on. In order for you to beat any weather, installing this add-on is highly advisable. Lund is one of the brands you can find out there, but before buying its Seal and Peel tonneau cover, let us first put it to the test.
- Soft type
- Made of vinyl
- For standard bed
- Roll-up style
- With cargo management system
- With snap-less closure system
- With aluminum rail material
- Carries a lifetime Lund limited warranty
We tested this component on a 1998 Nissan Navara and a 1995 Toyota T100, and here is what we have to say:
- This tonneau cover was generally easy to install. We discovered that it was easier if we secured the back and front first before snapping the sides in. The procedure took only forty-five minutes for each truck.
- The product was definitely good-quality. The vinyl tarp looked durable, the clamps were heavy-duty, and the pre-marked rails helped with the easy installation. The tongue-n-groove closure system allowed a tight fastening of the edges; we just had to snap the tongue to the groove of the rubber seal in order to secure our cargo.
- This product is relatively more affordable than other brands.
- It was just easy to install, but the fact that it required two people to roll this thing up was bit of a downside. Also, we thought that we needed extra clamps to hold the cover down, for we already imagined that air would get in, especially when driving high-speed.
- When we sprayed water on top and around the edges of the cover, we found out that water could get its way somehow. That was definitely not good.
With its good price and enticing warranty, this Lund tonneau cover is definitely a great bet. The product looks just right, is easy to use, is easy to install, and provides a generally dependable protection for your cargo. Just make sure to purchase the one specific to the make, model, year, and trim of your car in order to save yourself from ordering peeves.