Magnaflow Catalytic Converter Replacement
It's true that when they first came out, catalytic converters were cumbersome, power-sucking devices that weren't all that efficient at doing what they were supposed to do. Clean-air technology has come a long way in the past thirty years. While eliminating the catalytic converter on the race track could make the difference between first and second place, one the street, it's not an issue - especially when you have a Magnaflow Catalytic Converter installed. Magnaflow is a company that sp...ecializes in high performance exhaust systems, and the Magnaflow Catalytic Converter is designed with high performance in mind. This catalytic converter cleans your exhaust by recombining deadly carbon monoxide and nitrous oxide compounds at the atomic level into less harmful gases, and achieves this while maintaining the least restrictive flow of exhaust gases. Especially designed for each application, a Magnaflow Catalytic Converter will install easily without any modifications to your vehicle's current exhaust system necessary. As you know, exhaust components are subject to the worst conditions of anything on the vehicle because of their location. Magnaflow's Catalytic Converters are made from aluminized steel or stainless steel, able to stand up to anything. They also pass California OBDII standards, so you know you're getting the best. Gearhead hobbyists should always get outstanding customer assistance when they buy dependable automotive parts. For all our customers, we built a round-the-clock technical assistance bureau to support all your needs. Nobody likes to pay for shipping, so all parts come with completely free shipping for all orders at least $50. If you can find a better price, let us know - we will beat any price advertised elsewhere.
Driving at high speed, you noticed that your vehicle is quickly losing its power, and your engine is running hotter than usual. The rattling sound from underneath your vehicle didn't seem to faze you, but the rotten-egg smell sent you to panic mode. Could it be that your catalytic converter is damaged? Most likely, it is already beyond repair, and you need to replace it right away. We tested the Magnaflow catalytic converter on our 1997 Jeep Cherokee SUV to help you determine whether this cat con has what it takes to restore the life out of a battered exhaust system.
- From the Magnaflow 53100 series
- For front, driver, or passenger side installation
- Stainless steel case and tube
- Round, ribbed body
- Measures 8 inches by 5.13 inches by 12 inches
- Ceramic honeycomb catalyst substrate
- 49-state legal
- Natural finish
- With single two-inch inlet and outlet
- Sold individually
- Requires minor vehicle modification
- Comes with lifetime Magnaflow limited warranty
- Compatible with most vehicle makes and models
What we liked
- The Magnaflow catalytic converter was very easy to install. It took us less than an hour to bed in this new cat con.
- This catalytic converter sounds quieter than stock. We didn't notice any hollow sounds from the underside of our Jeep.
- Compared to other catalytic converters of the same caliber, this one from Magnaflow offers more bang for the buck.
- Our Jeep performs a lot better with this cat con installed. The backpressure has been kept to a minimum.
What we didn't like
- It's not legal for use in California. If you live in that state, you might find yourself in hot water with traffic enforcers if you use this catalytic converter. However, you can still find other Magnaflow cat cons that are CARB-compliant.
- The Magnaflow catalytic converter requires a little bit of welding. It's not for anyone who wants a snap-on-and-forget type of cat con. If you're not comfortable handling a DIY-welding job, you can look for a catalytic converter that bolts on directly to the vehicle.
Our final say
The Magnaflow catalytic converter is for anyone who's looking for a high-performance cat con for his or her vehicle. Most catalytic converters are priced exorbitantly and are compatible with only certain vehicle types. This one fits most budgets well, considering that it's built for performance. However, newbie DIYers may find it a tad difficult to install because it needs to be welded in place.