Marshal Engines have been rebuilding quality replacement engines for over three decades. Using state-of-the-art engine remanufacturing, it has earned its name of being America's most reliable remanufacture engines. But to truly know if they are as reliable as they claim to be, we decided to put their rebuilt engines to the test. We've installed a Marshall Engines engine long block on our 2002 Mazda6 and had it rated according to factors of performance, quality, ease of installation, and price.
- Remanufactured V6 engine with all new wear parts; head cast number 487 and 6 cylinder heads
- OE-replacement fit with micro-polished finish
- Checked bend and journal polished seals
- Comes complete with adjusted valve train components, gasket set, and a new oil pump
- Built with camshafts, valves and springs, and 3-angled cut on valve seats
- Backed by a 3-year or 100,000-mile Marshall Engines limited warranty
- Even though the part was remanufactured, the engine appears to built well and looks relatively durable. Our team was very impressed with the part's overall quality and craftsmanship. It even appeared to be the same quality, or better, than the ones sold at local dealerships.
- No modifications were needed to install the part. Everything matched up right and the core pickup was easy to handle, which made installation more convenient.
- Once we had the part installed, we took the Mazda 6 for a drive to test the part's performance. Initially, the engine ran smoothly and feels like new. This was a great deal for an essentially new motor. Compression and power was also good all throughout the drive. After 1000 mile with the newly installed engine block, we have yet to encounter any issues with its function.
- The price is also a good feature of this replacement part. It was relatively cheaper as compared to its competitors.
- Although warranty coverage is fairly apt, Marshall Engines does not honor it unless the engine is installed by a certified technician. Since our team was made up of mostly well-experienced mechanics, none were certified, which means our warranty for the block is already void.
- No return instructions were found on the package. We had to search for a way to send back the old block for proper disposal.
The Marshall Engines engine long block is a heavy-duty remanufactured replacement engine built to meet superior quality standards. It features new, premium-grade parts and is assembled using state of the art machinery to ensure precision and quality control. The micro-polished design also provides added security to the quality of this part, as it ensures its bearings are well-lubricated and its crank is clean. Although installation is fairly moderate when done by an experienced DIYer, it is still best to have this part installed by a certified technician to avoid voiding its Marshall Engine's warranty.