Mevotech has been progressively aiming to bring better performances and designs to improve your vehicle's systems. One of these systems is a car's suspension. But exactly how much can a Mevotech product improve performance when it is installed on your car? To find out if it can really change the way a vehicle performs, our team of experts has installed a Mevotech X Factor ball joints on our 06 Acura MDX's control arm and ball joint assembly and observed the notable differences between its stock and the ones by this brand.
- Direct-fit, OE-quality replacement
- Housing manufactured with high friction knurling around its exterior
- Blue polyurethane boots
- Coated and finished with black oxide coating
- Durable upper and lower metal bearings surrounding the ball joint stud and ball
- Includes grease fittings and greasable ball joints
- The ball joints' all-metal design gave a more solid and durable feel to it upon physical inspection of the part. It even featured lower and upper metal bearings that allowed better movement of the stud and ball.
- We appreciated the inclusion of grease fittings with the metal bearings. This allowed easier handling and re-greasing of lubrication for a more convenient maintenance regime of the ball joints. This can also help prolong the performance life of the part.
- The Mevotech X Factor ball joints' black oxide coating was also a plus when considering it as a replacement for our MDX. This kind of finish is highly effective in preventing rust and corrosion from disrupting the efficient function of the ball joint.
- It has a tough and reliable seal/protective covering for the internal contract area of the part. The blue polyurethane boot found on the ball joint looks and feels very tight, preventing moisture and foreign particles from affecting the contract area.
- Unlike other brands, the Mevotech ball joint does not offer a lifetime warranty with the part. This decreases its value when compared to the competition.
- Although the boot material has a tight seal, it is not very durable. After mounting the ball joint on the Acura MDX and taking it out on the road for less than 50 miles, we already noticed full-through fatigue cracks on the boot.
- Since the Mevotech is an aftermarket part, it is not the same quality as more popular brands. Its boot's shorter life span makes the contract area more susceptible to damage. This can ultimately affect the entire part's durability.
The Mevotech X Factor ball joint is an OE replacement that can restore your suspension system's efficient function. Its metal-to-metal design ensures optimal strength that can withstand most of the abuse thrown by your car's suspension system. It also features corrosion-resistant coating and a protective boot to emphasize its durability. Its quality may not be as good as an OEM replacement, but it is good enough to provide your car's suspension system with the right amount of flexibility, maneuverability, and control.