Monroe has been living a tradition of innovation in lift supports since 1916. Its years of experience in product quality and technology are what keeps the company driving forward to serve the auto industry. But even with these years of experience, you can only test its product's capability by using them yourself. We installed a Monroe lift support on our 1995 Z28 to find out if this part can truly stand the test of time.
- OE-replacement fit and style
- Designed for use on vehicle's hood
- High-strength piston assembly with leak-proof seal
- Steel body pressure cylinder and nitro-carbonized rod
- Built with a plastic rod guide
- Includes installation instructions and 1-year Monroe limited warranty
- The Monroe hood lift support is fairly easy to install. We were able to install due to its OE-comparable fit.
- It is a good quality replacement for the Z28. It looks and feels sturdy and holds up the vehicle's hood just right.
- We appreciated the fact that part came with two shocks instead of one. But because the shock was so strong, installing just one of the shocks worked by itself. The hood held up firmly and surely.
- After installation, we noticed that the hood of the Z28 rises faster with these struts. It was even faster than with the original part it replaced.
- We were also impressed with the part's support cylinders. They had just abouth the right size and stiffness to support the hood.
- The mounting hardware included with the kit was not a match with the predrilled holes where the old struts came out off. We had to re-drill a mounting hole in the rear and rethread the new cylinder mounting bolt to complete installation.
- The instructions provided were a bit vague. Although installing the part was easy, it would have saved us time if the directions provided were easier to understand.
- Physically, the part was a bit longer that we had expected, about a 1/2 inch or so longer. This difference in size makes it a bit hard to pull the hood up with just one hand.
The Monroe lift support is an OE-comparable replacement that can efficiently hold up your vehicle's hood. Designed to withstand extreme pressures, this part is perfect for drivers who want the stability of a lift that can provide easy access to your car's engine compartment. Although installation could be tricky, the necessary adjustments can give you ultimate performance and long lasting service life.