High-quality, durability, and OE-compatibility - these are just some of the attributes of a top-notch shock absorber and strut assembly. With tough shocks and struts, you'll never have to worry about running over humps, potholes, and uneven surfaces. In addition, a good quality shock absorber and strut assembly gives you a comfortable ride, resulting in an enhanced overall driving experience. Getting the best shocks and struts require knowledge of what brands possess the qualities of a good shock absorber and strut assembly. That is why to help you in choosing the perfect shocks and struts, we tested the Monroe shock absorber and strut assembly. And here's what we found out:
Monroe OESpectrum shock absorber features
- Engineered using Tenneco Exclusive Twin Technology Active Control System
- Comes in a black twin-tube design
- Has a patented Low Speed Tunability (LST)
- Custom-made for a direct fit
- Made with OE-comparable specifications
- Uses an advanced damping control design with Impact Control Valve (ICV)
- Built especially for import cars
- Backed by a lifetime Monroe limited warranty
We tested the Monroe shock absorber and strut assembly on our 2010 Focus, and here's what we have to say:
- The installation is a snap; it can be done in about 20 minutes.
- Our Focus handles very well even on rough roads and rugged surfaces.
- There are minimal impact-related noise and vibration.
- Harshness is eliminated, resulting in a more comfortable ride.
- The shocks give us a different feel of the ride; We feel more "in control" of our Focus.
- You don't have to replace both front and rear shocks because replacing just the rear shocks already gave us an improved handling.
- The struts are not as brightly finished as the shocks; The struts' finish is a bit dull though it doesn't really have an effect on performance.
- The price is a notch higher than other brands such as KYB and and Gabriel.
What matters most depends on your own preference. If ride comfort is your top priority, then we highly suggest you try the Monroe shock absorber and strut assembly. It delivers its promise of better handling and a smoother ride. However, if you're on a tight budget, then you might consider getting the Monroe shock absorber and strut assembly as an investment. Aside from its lifetime warranty, it's tough built gives it a plus point for a longer service life.